Gomi to cut a deal with either the UFC or SF

I think Gomi's best days are done.

Perhaps, if he completely rededicated himself, got with a new camp and all that, maybe the "old Gomi" could return but does he have the desire anymore?

If not, I dont wanna see him come over. Even though he got easily tapped by Kitaoka already, if the same thing happened in the UFC, you know how the kids would do.

I thought I saw Gomi on the PPV for the Cotto-Pacquiao fight.

Anyone else see him in the crowd? or confirm that he was at the fight?

(maybe i was just loaded)

UFC is for him

Gomi vs. Stevenson for starters, IMO.

There are still good fights for him in Japan, though. I dunno why DREAM and WVR are uninterested. Maybe he's asking for a lot of money.

Gomi will be eaten alive in the UFC.

The cage = Japanese fighter's kryptonite.

mcpeepants232003 - 
Tomato Can - Gomi vs. Stevenson for starters, IMO.

There are still good fights for him in Japan, though. I dunno why DREAM and WVR are uninterested. Maybe he's asking for a lot of money.

I'd like them to give him an easier first fight to get adjusted. Someone like Spencer Fisher.

What would the point be? Gomi is still supposedly an elite fighter. If he can't beat Stevenson, he's not going to be a serious contender. First opponent needs to be someone in the Stevenson/Sherk/Edgar/Florian/Griffin group. We should be talking about Nate Diaz at absolute worst.

If he gets in shape I think he can be a really bad matchup forthe Guidas, Edgar and Griffins of the divison.

Maynard may be too big for him, and BJ and Florian could both sub him

Tomato Can - 
mcpeepants232003 - 
Tomato Can - Gomi vs. Stevenson for starters, IMO.

I'd like them to give him an easier first fight to get adjusted. Someone like Spencer Fisher.

What would the point be? Gomi is still supposedly an elite fighter. If he can't beat Stevenson, he's not going to be a serious contender. First opponent needs to be someone in the Stevenson/Sherk/Edgar/Florian/Griffin group. We should be talking about Nate Diaz at absolute worst.

Im not so sure hes an elite fighter anymore but I think a fight with Griffin, Guida or Stevenson would probably make the most sense

look what Aurelio, hardly a world class wrestler, did to Gomi.

Ishida is a good wrestler, but is very one dimensional. I'd probably favor Kawajiri if he and Gomi rematched.

TheVileOne - look what Aurelio, hardly a world class wrestler, did to Gomi.

lol what a terrible post

Thats because Aurelio brings a completely different game then the wrestlers in the UFC

It doesn't take a UFC wrestler type to beat Gomi.

Tomato Can - Ishida is a good wrestler, but is very one dimensional. I'd probably favor Kawajiri if he and Gomi rematched.

Ya, Ishida and Guida are pretty much the dame fighters.

Kawajiri is really starting to put his game together, him vs Aoki will be great

TheVileOne - It doesn't take a UFC wrestler type to beat Gomi.

No it usually take someone who can submit him, what are you talking about?

lol, Gomi isnt even close to en elite striker, he wouldnt even stand and trade with krazyhorse...

Look what Aurelio did to Gomi. He took him down, dominated him on top and submitted him with an arm triangle choke.

TheVileOne - Look what Aurelio did to Gomi. He took him down, dominated him on top and submitted him with an arm triangle choke.

Ya and none of the UFC wrestler types have the sub game of Aurelio, so again the point you are trying to make is fail

Bry Bry - lol, Gomi isnt even close to en elite striker, he wouldnt even stand and trade with krazyhorse...
why brawl when you can win by first round sub

Bry Bry - lol, Gomi isnt even close to en elite striker, he wouldnt even stand and trade with krazyhorse...

terrible reasoning, nobody really stands and trades with Krazy Horse

CRBMoney14 - Ya and none of the UFC wrestler types have the sub game of Aurelio, so again the point you are trying to make is fail

Diego Sanchez would probably smote him and make Gomi try and point at cuts to have the fight stopped again.