Gonna be a dad. Need Advice.

Long story short dated my ex gf for 7 years we split up end of November. Been dating a new girl since, and things have been great with the new girlfriend. Now the ex tells me two weeks ago she's pregnant, and confirmed it this weekend.

I'm conflicted on how to tell the new girlfriend today is her birthday so I don't want to ruin that for her, but the longer I wait the worse its gonna be.

Me and my ex have 7 years of history and she stuck by me through some really rough times. I think I owe it to her to work through our issues, and be a family with this baby on the way.

I am 23 and I am excited about fatherhood, any advice for a first time dad or for anyone that's ever been in my situation before? Phone Post 3.0

Getting back together wont magically fix issues. If anything, it will increase them. Why the split to begin with?

Congrats bro! I'm gonna be a dad in July too.

I'd just tell her bro, get it done. It's not going to go away.
Maybe leave it till after her birthday though. Phone Post 3.0

threesome

Didn't fully read the post op, sorry.

You and the ex will have to spend a bit of time together over the next few weeks. Just talk about stuff to do with the baby and see how it goes, maybe she's thinking the same thing.
A baby is no miracle cure but never say never. Just take it a day at a time. Phone Post 3.0

two words: paternity test

Have yall messed around since the split?

If not then not seeing her since the end of Nov and just now finding out shes pregnant is a red flag.

Im not insinuating anything, just dont get roped into raising another man's child. Phone Post 3.0

gw99 - two words: paternity test
. Phone Post 3.0

Absolutely this first and foremost. The rest is an after thought. Phone Post 3.0

I was kinda in the same situation as you.

Me an my ex split up when she was pregnant.
Started dating new girl.
Told her about ex after things got serious.
She stuck by me and raised my son like her own.
We've been together 12 years now and he calls her mama Phone Post 3.0

BathSaltFaceFeeder - Getting back together wont magically fix issues. If anything, it will increase them. Why the split to begin with?
This Phone Post 3.0

Rahjai MD -
Absolutely this first and foremost. The rest is an after thought. Phone Post 3.0
Amen. Phone Post 3.0

YVEL MACHIDA -
Rahjai MD -
Amen. Phone Post 3.0
C'mon fellas I'm not an idiot.

Side note pregnant ex is a great girl we broke up over my own issues. We had been together since we were kids, and as far as I know I'm the only guy she's ever been with. But paternity test is a must, absolutely.

Still haven't told the new chick.

Welcome to my life. Phone Post 3.0

BathSaltFaceFeeder - Getting back together wont magically fix issues. If anything, it will increase them. Why the split to begin with?
I honestly don't have a good reason for the split man. We had finally got to the point where we were moving in together, and I just kinda freaked out. I'm 23 and I still wanted to chill with my bros, and do guy shit not live 2 hours away in a city where I know no one. So I just kinda took off and it was fucked up I was super immature about the whole thing. She probably would've compromised and even though she was telling me the whole time to come back and we can work on it like I was scared to face her because I did her so wrong. Phone Post 3.0

HammerHead - Long story short dated my ex gf for 7 years we split up end of November. Been dating a new girl since, and things have been great with the new girlfriend. Now the ex tells me two weeks ago she's pregnant, and confirmed it this weekend.

I'm conflicted on how to tell the new girlfriend today is her birthday so I don't want to ruin that for her, but the longer I wait the worse its gonna be.

Me and my ex have 7 years of history and she stuck by me through some really rough times. I think I owe it to her to work through our issues, and be a family with this baby on the way.

I am 23 and I am excited about fatherhood, any advice for a first time dad or for anyone that's ever been in my situation before? Phone Post 3.0
That child is the most important thing in your life now. Whatever you do it must be with that in mind. Phone Post 3.0

If it's your kid, be there for them, be civil with the ex if you don't get back together.

Doubt it's yours in the first place. GET A DNA TEST!

Things won't fix, it'll probably get worse. Be there for your kid. Just because you are having a baby doesn't mean you need to be together. Save up some money. You're gonna want a house. Phone Post 3.0

Maury GIFS please.
You are not the father" lol Phone Post 3.0

I would suggest trying to make it work for the child, but if it doesn't for whatever reason, never use that as an excuse to be out of your child's life. My father left when I was four and it fucked me up. Parenthood is a beautiful thing. Congratulations.