gonna bench next monday.

Wet - I like how he starts a thread just to tell everyone how much he benches, trying to act like he's really just curious as to what other people thinks he should try to lift.
Next time just say "HEY LOOK AT ME, I CAN BENCH ALOT, I NEED ATTENTION"

If thats how you view it fine.

But I thought this was a S&C forum and IMO threads like this belong here.

The reason I posted this is that I needed exactly the type of info and response that HERTS gave me.

I dont know why every time some one makes a post like I did it is met w/such cocky negativity.

I guess only Jeremy Hamilton,RIDLEY,Herts,Androruska,Gannon, and Xcouture understand where I am coming from.

The rest of you have fun smoking your pot and eating your Taco Bell and keep talking your shit about people who actually are in shape and care about optimizing their strength levels.

BTW,HERTS I cant do the isometric hold you suggested because I am sure my shoulder will give out if I try that.

But I will try the rest of the attempts you suggested.

I hate benching and I get psyched out by the lift 40% of the time by it.

But I want 455 in my lifetime.

Are you going to get a video of your lift?

flo17 - Are you going to get a video of your lift?

How about this flo,if/when I get 435+,I will show you guys the lift.I am sure a blue namer will post it for me.

I hope it happens monday.

Goodluck bro.

Thanks.

Don't worry about those magical numbers man, just stick with it and know that you'll get there, in time.

I guess you are right andro.

Any advice on how to "beat" the bench press mentally?

I am an experienced lifter(almost 15 yrs+)but I still have that feeling of "the bar crushing me",and coming back down when I bench.

Heavy squats,deads,olympic lifts etc.,dont faze me mentally,but BP always has.

I really have advanced past the point of where I should even care about benching,because I know it isnt the most meaningful fitness goal anymore in a practical sense,but dammed if I dont still wanna blast up something heavy before I move away from it.

?

Snatches is usually what gets to me.

Have you read Marty Galager's "The purposeful Primitive"? It has a great chapter on mental preparation for max-lifts, including a scientifically based and proven method that soviet and eastern-block lifters used for decades. Galager was around the greatest powerlifters in the 70's and 80's and talks about mental preparation in a very practical and down-to-earth way. I can try and give you a short verison when I get home, but I'm not sure I can do it justice. Plus, the book is well wort reading just for the PL-warstories alone.

Anything derived from the eastern-bloc mentality of lifting has got to be worth looking into.

If you feel like paraphrasing when you have time please do,otherwise I will check it out.

I hadnt even thought of the concept of tested and practiced mental preps as far as lifting goes.

I figured we all just "wing it".

Thanks for saying more than those other dipshits that never benched heavy a day in their life did.

See how easy 435 is and then decide on whether to try a 455 or give it another week or two of training before the next attempt.

Good luck.

Are your bench presses paused or touch and go?

If you are used to doing TnG, doing some paused presses may help you get over that mental hurdle of getting crushed.

flo17 - Are your bench presses paused or touch and go?

If you are used to doing TnG, doing some paused presses may help you get over that mental hurdle of getting crushed.

I trained w/3 second pause reps for about a month once and for whatever reason,my BP went down.

if your shoulder is that bad why are you worried about going heavy?

Hoyce Chopino - if your shoulder is that bad why are you worried about going heavy?

It isnt "that bad"

Its just that I hurt it almost two years ago rolling w/someone and have had a slight loss of strength in it,and nagging pain it it ever since.

Doc said no tear in it,I am gonna get a 2nd opinion,but I have never made it worse by lifting,and I am sick of avoiding heavy presses because of it.

Maybe those are famous last words,but I am gonna try it anyway.

I'll post a rundown of that mental preparation-method in a day or so voorhees.

voorhees - 
Wet - I like how he starts a thread just to tell everyone how much he benches, trying to act like he's really just curious as to what other people thinks he should try to lift.
Next time just say "HEY LOOK AT ME, I CAN BENCH ALOT, I NEED ATTENTION"

If thats how you view it fine.

But I thought this was a S&C forum and IMO threads like this belong here.

The reason I posted this is that I needed exactly the type of info and response that HERTS gave me.

I dont know why every time some one makes a post like I did it is met w/such cocky negativity.

I guess only Jeremy Hamilton,RIDLEY,Herts,Androruska,Gannon, and Xcouture understand where I am coming from.

The rest of you have fun smoking your pot and eating your Taco Bell and keep talking your shit about people who actually are in shape and care about optimizing their strength levels.

If you can bench around 450 pounds then what are you asking other peoples advice for?. Either you know what your doing and looking for attention or your a moron who just woke up one day with a 400+ pound bench.

If you can bench around 450 pounds then what are you asking other peoples advice for?. Either you know what your doing and looking for attention or your a moron who just woke up one day with a 400+ pound bench.

STFU asshole

GaryG - If you can bench around 450 pounds then what are you asking other peoples advice for?. Either you know what your doing and looking for attention or your a moron who just woke up one day with a 400+ pound bench.

STFU asshole

Oh boy! I didnt mean to get your girlfriend upset.
I think GaryG might hit me with his purse

Wet - 
GaryG - If you can bench around 450 pounds then what are you asking other peoples advice for?. Either you know what your doing and looking for attention or your a moron who just woke up one day with a 400+ pound bench.

STFU asshole

Oh boy! I didnt mean to get your girlfriend upset.
I think GaryG might hit me with his purse

Wet your response is clearly a homosexual advance directed towards me.

I respectfully decline

picks up purse and sashays off thread