Gonzaga vs Tuchscherer (gif)

Well he is a very wellrounded and exciting heavyweight that never goes the distance.
And everyone enjoys watching a bit of "can-smashing" every now and then :)

" Gonzaga  has to have naked pictures of Dana's wife to get the matchmaking he does."

Maybe Cecil Peoples lent him some of the pictures he has of high ranking officials molesting children.

Looks like he knocked a few holes in his lips too.

I watched the video and the fight should have been stopped. It should NOT of have been the fighters choice to continue. When a fighter gets kicked in the nuts so hard that he pukes the fight should be over. It should have been a NC.

And yeah, Tuchscherer is no can, wtf did that come from?

frontrowbrian - 
MIKE CIESNOLEVICZ - Gonzaga realistically has a good chance to beat Lesnar with his size, power standing and BJJ skills on the mat. I think he probably beats Carwin in a rematch.
you're right. all the tools are there but when he faces someone he can't bully, he crumbles (Couture, Werdum, Carwin).

Gonzaga  has to have naked pictures of Dana's wife to get the matchmaking he does. He gets paid huge money (60 and 60) to take on guys like Josh Hendricks, Chris Tuchcherer, and Justin McCully.  That's like ESPN Friday Night Fights like matches.

This is really spot-on. I hope that he continues to mature and grow as a fighter, because his ceiling is sky high. He's top ten imo (got to be above guys like AA and Sylvia at this pointand has the skills to easily, easily run through people who aren't on his level. And let's not discount the cro-cop win, which was huge. If he can figure out how to put all of the pieces to the puzzle together, he could be a threat.

Tuchscherer has balls. Much respect for him. He tried his best. That's all you can ask.

JOB - Tuchscherer has balls. Much respect for him. He tried his best. That's all you can ask.

"had".

Fred,

i don't dispute your post. but please, stop shorthanding "from" w/ "fr". you typed out a long post just to shorthand "from" every chance you got.

JOB - Tuchscherer has balls. Much respect for him. He tried his best. That's all you can ask.

he did before the fight

The kick to the nads was brutal but probably unintentional. The fight should've been ruled a No Contest.

What was intentional was the way Gonzaga faked that he was going to let up Chris and then went right in for punch before Chris even got halfway up. That was intentional and that was a dick move.

It was also intentional when Gonzaga celebrated like he won fairly. Mean mugging for the camera like he was some kind of hero for kicking a guy in the balls. It was a tainted victory and he acted as if it wasn't. What a fucking douchebag.

I hope he loses a fight the same way he just won this one.

billy914 - Where the hell did Gonzaga's headkicking ability come from? Ive never seen a BJJ guy develop kicks as good as him.
Pedro Rizzo had that same kind of power in his low kicks. Body types seem to determine power potential in leg kicks.

jpm995 - 
billy914 - Where the hell did Gonzaga's headkicking ability come from? Ive never seen a BJJ guy develop kicks as good as him.
Pedro Rizzo had that same kind of power in his low kicks. Body types seem to determine power potential in leg kicks.

I am built kind of like gonzaga, (hes probably taller and bigger, but same body structure) and i have really powerful leg kicks and head kicks, however i sometimes fall over like GG did against chris.

I would say practice, he IS an MMA fighter...and just being naturally put together to dish out nasty kicks.

Honestly, with the amount of nut kicking that is going on these days, I wouldn't mind seeing inside leg kicks banned.  It seems like every fight where they are used extensively has at least one stoppage due to a nut shot.  Fighters just don't seem to give a shit if they clip their opponents in the gonads.

I think the rules need to be changed to make nutshots an automatic point deduction, regardless of intent.  Maybe then fighters will be more careful with their usage of strikes in the groin area.  Barring that, just ban the the technique altogether.

GaymidaGaydan - 
jpm995 - 

I am built kind of like gonzaga, (hes probably taller and bigger, but same body structure) and i have really powerful leg kicks and head kicks, however i sometimes fall over like GG did against chris.

You fall because (like Gonzaga,) you don't step wide enough with your right foot on your left kick.

I know. I have same problem. And I am built just like Gonzaga and even look like him. Everyone at the gym calls me Gonzaga and even my wife thinks we look alike. And sometimes at night I cry about it.

Are thai cups illegal in UFC!?

a cup isn't going to help with a kick like that

I agree with the point deduction for kicks like the one we saw. Automatic is a little dicey because at the one end of the spectrum you have brutal, solid groin kicks like Gonzaga's and at the other end you have glancing shots that some fighters play up to be more than they are (q.v. Matt Hughes).

I hope Chris gets better soon and I hope Gonzaga loses a fight the same way he won this one.

if cups don't work, then how about a bowl? i could go for a Thai bowl, tbh.

fakezaga - 
GaymidaGaydan - 
jpm995 - 

You fall because (like Gonzaga,) you don't step wide enough with your right foot on your left kick.

I know. I have same problem. And I am built just like Gonzaga and even look like him. Everyone at the gym calls me Gonzaga and even my wife thinks we look alike. And sometimes at night I cry about it.

Dont cry my friend. Gonzaga is a true alpha. All other men tremble before such might.