Good back stretches?

I'm always pulling or throwing something out in my back especially when working the clinch. (Muay Thai) Anybody got a master back stretching plan?

Try stretching your hamstrings.

kostakio has tons of stuff about this

start doing some yoga.. any style will help. I've done a lot of different styles, from Kundalini to Vinyasa, Bikram and Ashtanga...that help keep my back healthy. I srsly have an entire arsenal of back exercises.

Learn plow pose..google plow pose and look at pics.. get good at it..after you learn plow, you can can do variations.. spread your legs wide in plow (no ghey jokes please) and hold your heals from the inside.. roll down onto your back.. try to bring your sacrum to the top of your head flat on the ground.. pull your legs down..

learn bridge pose

learn sun salutations: do downward dog, to high plank, to chaturanga, to upward dog.. back to downward dog.. do warrior poses and sequences..

there's tons of stretches you can be doing..

I use a big ole' green ball. Lay facing up and just roll around. Works for me anyways.

http://www.massageme.com.au/pics/Stretches.jpg

The Yoga back book by Stella Weller has helped.

I agree with ab strength, strong legs, stretch your quads/hamstrings, relaxation, diet, weight loss. Basic stuff helps best. I've heard some Yoga poses are bad for back pain.Lose ab fat and keep your abs engaged during Yoga. I'm no expert so please chime in.

Also, keep a good posture-stand and sit up straight- strong abs and loose hamstrings/quads really helps. What's the difference between Cobra and Upward Dog? ( I think it's called that.) Kostakio is upward dog bad for the back?

Solid advice guys. Thank you.

What do you do to speed up recovery once your shit is already fucked up? I did something to the upper left part of my back yesterday and it's cursing me out about it today. It's tight and sore, fucks with full breaths, and makes me regret getting up after lying down.

often the problem is hip related.

is it worse when you throw a lot of knees? could be over active hip flexors...

the basic approach i used to get rid of my back pain was

1. "core" endurance. do lots of planks, sideplanks, birddogs.
2. glute activation. do glute bridges, cook hip lifts.
3. stretch the psoas (hip flexors) and piriformis.

this worked for me and should help most common back pain.

dont stretch the low back, it should be stable not flexible.

Posty Magee - Solid advice guys. Thank you.

What do you do to speed up recovery once your shit is already fucked up? I did something to the upper left part of my back yesterday and it's cursing me out about it today. It's tight and sore, fucks with full breaths, and makes me regret getting up after lying down.

Same thing happened to me, twice. If it's a pinched nerve, stretch constantly to loosen up whatever is squeezing in there. It will still take about a week....
If it's a pulled muscle, the pain will go away on its own in 3-4 days. Should notice slight improvement every day.

Is it a sharp pain with full breaths?

T-man, it's never from knees, it's almost always from grappling in the clinch. We don't throw many hard knees when we work, but we go hard at locking in clinches and working position.

greco, when i throw it out bad, it's sharp pain with full breaths. This time was only medium, so it doesn't hurt that bad when i breathe.

Should i just lay off it? Can i do any other exercise? Weights?

And thanks again for your advice guys.

ttt

i forget what they are called, but those reverse situp things you do when your torso is on a table and you bring your legs up & out. that helped my back alot-MM

I was deadlifting on Friday and I jokingly told my friend I was gonna pull my back out. Then I did. Back is sucking today.

ttt

A lot of the time back problems are a result of tight hamstrings. Id work on stretching those AFTER workouts (static stretching before workouts can cause more injury), and do more dynamic stretching (longer warm up within the range of motion you will use for clinch/knees) prior to your workout.

Posty Magee - T-man, it's never from knees, it's almost always from grappling in the clinch. We don't throw many hard knees when we work, but we go hard at locking in clinches and working position.

greco, when i throw it out bad, it's sharp pain with full breaths. This time was only medium, so it doesn't hurt that bad when i breathe.

Should i just lay off it? Can i do any other exercise? Weights?

And thanks again for your advice guys.
Sorry, I missed this one. Any chance you have a rib that easily dislocates?

ttt