Good band/musician biographies?

I've recently read Last Train to Memphis (Elvis), His Way (Kitty kelley's scandalous bio of Sinatra), Running with the Devil (by Van Halen's manager from 1978-1984), and currently reading Up Jumped the Devil, about Robert Johnson.

Any recommendations for what to read next?

I read Dave Mustaine's book, I swear the word rehab occurs more than the word guitar.

Rex Brown's book about Pantera was equal parts cool and sad with an unhealthy dose of shitting on Vinnie Paul at every opportunity.

Sammy Hagar's book was really good.  Talks about all the bullshit the Van Halen brothers pulled and how he made all that money doing the tequila and the bars in Cabo.

I just got done reading “Acid For The Children” by Flea.  I’m not really that into the Chili Peppers but it was a good read.  He’s a pretty decent writer for someone who has never written.  It also doesn’t follow your typical biography/autobiography structure.  

YOURDADDYDEVILANDLORD -

I read Dave Mustaine's book, I swear the word rehab occurs more than the word guitar.

Rex Brown's book about Pantera was equal parts cool and sad with an unhealthy dose of shitting on Vinnie Paul at every opportunity.

Both of these books were decent but their schtick got old by the end don’t you think? By the end Rex sounded kind of whiny and angry, Mustaine was a born again asshole still. I’d add the Anthony Keidis one as another dude telling the same story and feeling sorry for himself over and over.  

The Dirt = fucking radness!

Hammer of the Gods = Led Zeppelin Radness and Shark Incident. 

Life= great as an audiobook because Johnny Depp reads it in Keith Richards voice. Then Richards does some chapters and you don’t notice when it goes back to Johnny. Apparently Richards created Reggae. Great book. 

Riders in the Storm= the Doors drummer giving a good look at 60s LA but a bit too negative on Jim Morrison sometimes. 

Get in the Van= Henry Rollins rolling with Black Flagg. Good for the scene regardless of if a fan of the band.

Did a Van Halen one years ago and loved it. If you want more L.A. debauchery I’d go Dirt and Hammer of the Gods.

Steven Tyler one was fun but don’t remember much. 

Thanks for all the recs.  One interesting thing i learned from the VH book is that Eddie did the guitar work on Michael Jackson's  "Beat It" for free!  Didn't even ask for union scale as a session player. He was already one of the most famous guitar players in the world and could have negotiated something that would have ended up netting him millions, based on the subsequent success of the song and the Thriller album.

No One Here Gets Out Alive

'Bout Jim Morrison

i read anthony keidis auto

some good stories, dispite his inability to sing

only semi-autobiographical but this is on my list to read this month.

TheHawker -

Thanks for all the recs.  One interesting thing i learned from the VH book is that Eddie did the guitar work on Michael Jackson's  "Beat It" for free!  Didn't even ask for union scale as a session player. He was already one of the most famous guitar players in the world and could have negotiated something that would have ended up netting him millions, based on the subsequent success of the song and the Thriller album.

EVH did the solo. Steve Lukather did the rythm. Just an fyi for those interested. 

Nikki Sixx-The Heroin Diaries. 

Slash (cant think of the name of it)

Both of them were roller coasters and really enjoyed them. 

A devil on one should an angel on the other - shannon hoon and blind melon

Hardcore Life of My Own by Harley Flanagan 

Under the Big Black Sun - Not a biography but about the punk scene in L.A.

“In the Pleasure Groove” by John Taylor... bassist of Duran Duran....