Good books on personal finances ??

Any suggestions on this topic?

I've read Money makeover by Dave Ramsey and also "Millionaire Next Door" by somebody.

Any other good "simple" boors that are worth looking into? I'm interested in investing in mutual funds also, so books related to that topic would be good too.

Thanks!

I was at the library last night... Just read investing for dummies.... I like Erik Tyson so far so I picked up personal finance fir dummies... How was the Dempsey book? Someone on here recommended him... Phone Post 3.0

extnct1 - I was at the library last night... Just read investing for dummies.... I like Erik Tyson so far so I picked up personal finance fir dummies... How was the Dempsey book? Someone on here recommended him... Phone Post 3.0
Ramsey not Dempsey Phone Post 3.0

the richest man in Babylon

I really liked Ramsey's. SImple but straightforward. Something that seems to make sense!

. Phone Post

Anything you can find written by Charles Schwab.

Investing for Dummies, and Personal Finance for Dummies. Seriously.

I'm just trying to learn the language right now... I know no matter where I go they'll have a bias on strategy... I listen to Adam Bold and he says mutual funds... I listen to mad money and he says no mutual funds... Rich dad poor dad says all real estate.. Erik Tyson says diversify... It's hard to pick out the honest ones that don't have a conflicted interest Phone Post 3.0

Also the mutual fund store has a weekly podcast called the mutual fund show... Good stuff on there a lot of good information Phone Post 3.0

For some reason, Goodwill stores always have huge numbers of personal finance books cheap. You can find all the titles mentioned above there, usually, for next to nothing.

I use my local library.. free 99! Phone Post 3.0

pm1964 - Investing for Dummies, and Personal Finance for Dummies. Seriously.
Are these worth purchasing if you're broke?

Seriously. Phone Post 3.0

You want to be reading books on asset allocation. Investing isn't rocket science. You should have a solid asset allocation model designed for your specific goals and retirement needs. You can utilize a monte carlo analysis, or similar program, to predict variable outcomes to better gauge and adjust your AA model.

Your investments should never solely be lump sum. Always dollar cost averaging to minimize volatility loss. If you want to keep some cash on hand to invest lump sum for specific opportunities during bear market opportunities, I have no issue with that. In fact, I encourage it at a maximum of 20 percent of total portfolio.

Let me look through my little library and I'll see if I have a book recommendation for you in a bit. I'm watching hoops right now. Phone Post 3.0