Good deed gone wrong

I was watching some gang bangers messing around with a knife in a real bad way (like fake stabing people as they walk by)So the lady called the cops,cops come an arrest the kid with the knife (yesterday afternoon)turns out he is an 18 year old out on bail and an illegal ailen.At 11 am today he is outside my friends parking lot window free after posting bail ($20.000).HELP,whats going on with our system ?

We once were a country of laws and now it seems like we have lost our way. I can only hope that we turn this thing around before it its too late.

Cali I presume?

the left has decided that enforcing our national an unique american identity is now racism (I'm mexican and my mom was a legal immigrant).

minorities are treated with kids gloves.

the rooster - the left has decided that enforcing our national an unique american identity is now racism (I'm mexican and my mom was a legal immigrant).

I hear you friend. I am of Latin descent as well - also with a legal immigrant mother who hates what has happened, opposes the lax "enforcement", bilingiul education, and overall leftits catering to the illegal population. Randy, they need a good surf board craking over the head.

^ Oops spelling errors ^

He was arrested and booked into city jail (San Clemente?) and bail was set by the police department, not the court. He posted 10% and got out. It happens all the time. He wasn't transported to any of OC's "County" Jails. If he were to have been booked into county, INS would've placed a hold on him. INS monitors the inmate intake at county but not with city jails. INS places "ICE holds" on all inmates who are undocumented or otherwise illegal and those individuals are deported immediately if there are no pending criminal actions against them.

Orange County is as far right as you can get and believe me, illegal immigrants are being deported from the county daily.

Well I'm sorry the Dream Act failed or maybe we could have paid for a college education for him.

Call the minute men Phone Post

the rooster - the left has decided that enforcing our national an unique american identity is now racism (I'm mexican and my mom was a legal immigrant).

It's the right who has underfunded our justice system to the point where we don't have room to keep these guys in jail.

It's the right who has underfunded our justice system to the point where we don't have room to keep these guys in jail.
Wow.... In California? Seriously?

Randy Bloom - I was watching some gang bangers messing around with a knife in a real bad way (like fake stabing people as they walk by)So the lady called the cops,cops come an arrest the kid with the knife (yesterday afternoon)turns out he is an 18 year old out on bail and an illegal ailen.At 11 am today he is outside my friends parking lot window free after posting bail ($20.000).HELP,whats going on with our system ?

I fail to see the good deed. Sounds like an 18 year old kid was playing with a knife, got arrested, then released on bail. Nothing out of the ordinary. What exactly are you suggesting? His offense was a misdemeanor if anything.

elburrogrande - 
Randy Bloom - I was watching some gang bangers messing around with a knife in a real bad way (like fake stabing people as they walk by)So the lady called the cops,cops come an arrest the kid with the knife (yesterday afternoon)turns out he is an 18 year old out on bail and an illegal ailen.At 11 am today he is outside my friends parking lot window free after posting bail ($20.000).HELP,whats going on with our system ?

I fail to see the good deed. Sounds like an 18 year old kid was playing with a knife, got arrested, then released on bail. Nothing out of the ordinary. What exactly are you suggesting? His offense was a misdemeanor if anything.

Dont bite.

<blockquote>dandon - It's the right who has underfunded our justice system to the point where we don't have room to keep these guys in jail.</blockquote><br />Wow.... In California? Seriously?</blockquote><br /><br /><br />Yea. The courts have ordered California to release inmates because over crowding is so bad that inmates aren't able to get adequate medical treatment and are dying in jail.

Man editing my post totally fucked up the format

hmm let me guess...Was he Korean?

Did I miss the part where someone did some BJJ in the OP?!?

Burrito pequeno, guy commits crime by being in country illegally. Said idiot commits another crime, is arrested and released.

Guy laughs at American criminal justice system. Is that simple enough for you.

The lady (in her 70's) called me and a few other neighbors on what to do,as a neighbor I went over to her house(I could see everything from my deck), by the time I got there,the kid was in the cops car,I guess showing my face to this gang thug made me a target along with a few others from the same neighborhood.

You are not allowd to carry a knife in a concealed matter if its over 2" long, his was 8"

The next day he was outside this ladys house in the street like nothings wrong. He is here illealgly,out on bail from another offence(how he did that I would love to know)and in a deportation hearing as well.

Randy,

You only need to pay 10% to post bail. If bail is set in city jail, it's usually a very low amount & not by the uniformed bail schedule.

It looks like he committed a misdemeanor brandishing based on the facts you provided. That carries a 30 day minimum. The 2-inch rule applies to switchblades or gravity knives.

In OC Jail, inmates must do 4 actual for 2 good/work time. Essentially that comes to 2/3. He would've probably done 20 actual days.