Good heavy bag for beginners?

What is a good heavy bag for beginners? Phone Post 3.0

I would go with everlast or title. 100 pounds Phone Post 3.0

Model#/link? Anything specific to look for?

It's a heavy bag, what kind of answer are you expecting? Get one with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support. Phone Post 3.0

DevilsAdvocate - It's a heavy bag, what kind of answer are you expecting? Get one with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support. Phone Post 3.0

I was expecting an explanation of why some are more expensive than others and what to look for. I don't want some piece of shit that is not going to last long. I also don't need some bag that belongs in a pro gym.

TITLE Boxing Leather Heavy Bag (Unfilled) $99

http://store.titleboxing.com/hbl.html

Cut up some old clothes to pack it. beat on it a little bit and it will settle and pack a little more in.

In for info, I hate having to replace heavy bags. Phone Post 3.0

A lot of the Fairtex gyms are stocked up with these big boys...
http://www.ftxstore.com/Fairtex-7ft-Pole-Bag-p/hb7.htm

In my experience, they're soft enough to allow you to work on your kick without focusing so much on hurting your feet or shins. They're heavy and sturdy enough that they don't bounce around when you're on your own... which is a major issue for a lot of smaller bags.

Of course, they're fucking huge, that's the downfall.

Mike Tyson was like whoa, look at this bag, 6:00 mark...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupO694JR5U

My first home heavy bag was a60lb everlast. I was cheap. A little light but hitting something is better than hitting nothing Phone Post 3.0

You should look on craig list. Especially before Xmas when guys want some extra cash. You can probably pick up a new one for cheap. Phone Post 3.0

jgiveshead - A lot of the Fairtex gyms are stocked up with these big boys...
http://www.ftxstore.com/Fairtex-7ft-Pole-Bag-p/hb7.htm

In my experience, they're soft enough to allow you to work on your kick without focusing so much on hurting your feet or shins. They're heavy and sturdy enough that they don't bounce around when you're on your own... which is a major issue for a lot of smaller bags.

Of course, they're fucking huge, that's the downfall.

Mike Tyson was like whoa, look at this bag, 6:00 mark...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupO694JR5U

I should add, I really like this bag for working high high kicks, like, trying to improve your flexibility.

AND, they suck for push kicks and knees but are decent for elbows.

Really depends what you're trying to work. I've fallen in love with the absolute horrible pieces of shit heavy bags at the hole in the wall I go to. They're disgusting and torn up from years of use, duct tape on duct tape on duct tape, packed hard as concrete in the bottom. I swear I can feel my shin flex a bit when I lay into them. You know you've kicked something when you hit these bad boys. So yeah, basically avoid this kind of bag like the plague.

^I've got one. Weights about 300lbs. It's nice, but not a bag I'd recommend to beginners.

Bull_in_chinashop - 

^I've got one. Weights about 300lbs. It's nice, but not a bag I'd recommend to beginners.

The reason I recommend them is because I see a lot of new guys come into the gym and 50% of them are terrified of really kicking a bag as hard as they can. The heavy Fairtex bag is the only bag I've ever seen where people can just let go and fucking wail on it without fear of hurting their shit. I only use it maybe once or twice a year now, but it was a staple back when I was first learning how to kick.

LOL, I was at Fairtex Mountain View back in 2008 and I got a good laugh out of Anh because I'd take running starts at the bag just for shits and giggles. There's truly no way to hurt yourself on it.

D TRE - What is a good heavy bag for beginners? Phone Post 3.0
What's your height/weight? Phone Post 3.0

I figured this thread was going to die quick. DevilsAdvocate made it seem like I asked a stupid question. Any of those fairtex bags come with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support?

D TRE - I figured this thread was going to die quick. DevilsAdvocate made it seem like I asked a stupid question. Any of those fairtex bags come with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support?

I think it's a great question, it'd be cool to hear from some pros (Cole Miller, Joe Lauzon, etc) what their favourite bags are.

At the same time, it's one of those questions with no right answer... at best you're going to get a bunch of guys shooting the shit.

If you want to get a bit philosophical, I'd say there's no such thing as a bad bag unless it falls apart after one punch. It's not so much about the bag as it is the guy that's hitting it, know what I mean? Having said that, I'd aim for something heavy enough that it doesn't go flying across the gym like a school girl every time you hit it. I cringe every time I see those old Wavemaster-type thingy's... I STILL can't figure out what niche they're supposed to do a good job of.

jgiveshead - 
D TRE - I figured this thread was going to die quick. DevilsAdvocate made it seem like I asked a stupid question. Any of those fairtex bags come with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support?

I think it's a great question, it'd be cool to hear from some pros (Cole Miller, Joe Lauzon, etc) what their favourite bags are.

At the same time, it's one of those questions with no right answer... at best you're going to get a bunch of guys shooting the shit.

If you want to get a bit philosophical, I'd say there's no such thing as a bad bag unless it falls apart after one punch. It's not so much about the bag as it is the guy that's hitting it, know what I mean? Having said that, I'd aim for something heavy enough that it doesn't go flying across the gym like a school girl every time you hit it. I cringe every time I see those old Wavemaster-type thingy's... I STILL can't figure out what niche they're supposed to do a good job of.

If some pros jumped in this thread and shot the shit this thread would be pretty awesome. I never really cared for the wavemaster or the human torso.

Something to consider is how you are going to hang the bag. Are you going to be able to hang the bag from the ceiling so you can work all the way around it, or are you going to need a bag stand to hang it from. I am assuming you are not looking for a freestanding bag Phone Post 3.0

Media Monster - 
D TRE - What is a good heavy bag for beginners? Phone Post 3.0
What's your height/weight? Phone Post 3.0

I was inquiring for a friend. I told them to go with a 100lb everlast based on what their price range was. Now that I created the thread I wouldn't mind having one though lol. I really wouldn't want to hang it from the ceiling though and I don't think I like the idea of a free standing bag.