Good heavy bag for beginners?

Media Monster -
D TRE - What is a good heavy bag for beginners? Phone Post 3.0
What's your height/weight? Phone Post 3.0
Seriously...

I'm 5'11, 180/195-fat, been doing Muay Thai for some time and anything under 150lbs doesn't give me enough resistance or difficulty for a good workout.

Then you have to ask yourself canvas or leather. Leather is easier on the knees and elbows if you plan on drilling those.

Will it be standing or hanging?

...and if you're a beginner I would recommend checking out a kickboxing/muaythai/boxing gym and getting some work in there before committing to a purchase. Phone Post 3.0

Fairtex is good. As long it's 100% legit and made in Thailand.
Title's pretty good too.
Everlast is ok if you're just boxing. Phone Post 3.0

Stephen Holder -

What do you guys think about stuff like this:

http://www.amazon.com/Balazs-Universal-Boxing-Stand-Double-end/dp/B0000C2JZ3/ref=pd_sim_sbs_sg_23?ie=UTF8&refRID=0CSP6JPQ6BSB6HGBSDAZ

Is this rediculous or a good idea? I am looking for a beginner bag as well but I dont want to mess with the hanging and at the same time I'm not impressed with the standup ones you can get at dicks or whatever.

Jesus christ.
Three grand for that.

I have a 100 lb heavy bag, double end bag, slip bag, and a speed bag in my garage.
Everything plus materials for set up cost me about $300.
And i would take it over that shit all day every day. Phone Post 3.0

Looks awesome, but did you notice that was a little over three grand? If you can swing that, and have a space big enough to be able to use it, you should have a place to can put an eye bolt into a joist and hang a heavy bag for a fraction of the cost.
I have not used many bag stands, but the ones I have used have been the cheaper ones you see at sporting goods stores and they were Ok, but tend to limit your ability to move around the bag while you work Phone Post 3.0

OSBtro11 -
DevilsAdvocate - It's a heavy bag, what kind of answer are you expecting? Get one with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support. Phone Post 3.0
You know nothing of boxing . Phone Post 3.0
Think what you will. I've owned several bags in the past and never had a problem with any except one. It was a piece of shit from a yard sale and the insides were fucked. Come to find out it had what amounted to sand bags and shredded fabric inside. All the sand bags had shifted into one area making it significantly denser than the rest. Maybe it's because I was a life long soccer player, but kicking something has never really been a concern for me...my shins are pretty numb. I have pretty sturdy hands too so the impact has never been a real issue. I do wear wraps or bag gloves to keep my knuckles from getting torn up. Although my bag is synthetic and not canvas it can still tear up the skin from friction. I know I came off as a dick. I was in a mood, but that's no excuse. I use a 100 Everlast if anyone cares, but I'm only 5'9" 150. I also have it on a stand now, but prefer my old setup where it hung from a ceiling support beam as it allowed for more movement and footwork. Also I didn't have to worry about hitting a 25 pound plate with my ankle or kicking a post either. The bag moves a decent amount when hanging from the ceiling, but so does an opponent...Just more footwork and hand eye coordination practice. Phone Post 3.0

Sleeping bag full of bricks. That will make you a man.

OSBtro11 -
DevilsAdvocate -
OSBtro11 -
DevilsAdvocate - It's a heavy bag, what kind of answer are you expecting? Get one with training wheels and adjustable lumbar support. Phone Post 3.0
You know nothing of boxing . Phone Post 3.0
Think what you will. I've owned several bags in the past and never had a problem with any except one. It was a piece of shit from a yard sale and the insides were fucked. Come to find out it had what amounted to sand bags and shredded fabric inside. All the sand bags had shifted into one area making it significantly denser than the rest. Maybe it's because I was a life long soccer player, but kicking something has never really been a concern for me...my shins are pretty numb. I have pretty sturdy hands too so the impact has never been a real issue. I do wear wraps or bag gloves to keep my knuckles from getting torn up. Although my bag is synthetic and not canvas it can still tear up the skin from friction. I know I came off as a dick. I was in a mood, but that's no excuse. I use a 100 Everlast if anyone cares, but I'm only 5'9" 150. I also have it on a stand now, but prefer my old setup where it hung from a ceiling support beam as it allowed for more movement and footwork. Also I didn't have to worry about hitting a 25 pound plate with my ankle or kicking a post either. The bag moves a decent amount when hanging from the ceiling, but so does an opponent...Just more footwork and hand eye coordination practice. Phone Post 3.0
You understand who you're dealing with ,yes ? Officially Sanctioned Boxing 132, 136 , 137.5 140 , 142 , 143 , 144.5 lbs champion . Phone Post 3.0
^^^I'm not going to clog up the page with long quote blocks, but explain how that changes anything that I said about me. Phone Post 3.0

For some reason it quoted it anyway...I really don't know how that happened. Phone Post 3.0

I've used this one before, it's massive in size and really fun for drilling kicks:

http://www.titlemma.com/title-leather-professional-choice-hvy-bag?gclid=Cj0KEQiA8MSkBRCP5LaRlcOAusMBEiQAiqldkvCcds7Wug01qkLFYuCA1w9YOUrmAshUhzZeM8Ab3ZkaAigS8P8HAQ

Notice the 6 chain links as opposed to 4 on a standard heavy bag:

If I'm boxing or working my Muay Thai their is only one bag that I want to use the Combat Sports 6 foot 150 pound thai bag. Phone Post 3.0

That looks like a good stand, and they send you (empty) sand bags for the legs as well- which is better than using weight plates to hold the legs still. Before you order it though, look for a metal fabrication shop in your area, and show them a picture. They should be able to weld one up for far less than the price of that stand Phone Post 3.0

title is having a huge sale right now. just go there