Good job by ref Keith Peterson

Since everyone is hating on Herb, I thought I'd give congratulations to Keith Peterson for doing what a sports ref is supposed to do, and that's involve yourself as little as possible.

While Big Dan is separating guys as soon as the crowd starts jeering and is constantly barking at fighters to 'work' or whatever else, it was refreshing to see a ref just let Aldo and Lamas get on with it. I only noticed him because of his absence, as I'm so used to hearing the ref as much as the commentators.

He also didn't bother telling Aldo to stop grabbing the fence, knowing that he wouldn't understand him and was sharp enough to see him using his toes as well.

Hope to see him more often in big fights.

I thought Fallon fox did a pretty good job reffing prelims too Phone Post 3.0

Keith has been fantastic in the ufc.

He also calls the fighters "sir" which is pretty respectful.

clattymine - Keith has been fantastic in the ufc.

He also calls the fighters "sir" which is pretty respectful.

Pretty rude when he said that to Rousey I thought.

Didn't like his stoppage in the Jones/Sonnen fight but I think he has been solid otherwise. Phone Post 3.0

Hes reffed a bunch of my fights. Great guy and great ref Phone Post 3.0

ttt

Wasn't he telling Also that he couldn't use his feet on the cage? I was always under the impression that you could do that. I've never seen somebody warned for it. Phone Post 3.0

you can use the cage and put your feet on the cage just like you would a wall. You can not insert your toes in the cage and "grab" the chain link with your toes. Same goes with fingers

One of the best. Great ref. Phone Post 3.0

Sexy voice, too.

Yea I've seen him for years in Atlantic city and he has always done well. Phone Post 3.0

I call him "tattooed bobby hill"....just sayin'.... Phone Post 3.0

Excellent Official.

K Rod - Hes reffed a bunch of my fights. Great guy and great ref Phone Post 3.0

Same here Roddy, always like seeing Keith as my ref!

The Elastic Assassin - I call him "tattooed bobby hill"....just sayin'.... Phone Post 3.0

HAhahaha, I shall now do the same.I was wondering who he reminded me of.