good stories about meeting wrestlers

It seems most of the stories you hear are negative but lets here some great stories. I have too many to pick from but here are a few of my favorites:

~ met Kurt Angle at an airport once. Nobody knew who he was except me. This was years ago (he was in WWE & still had hair). We must have sat & chatted for 30 minutes. I couldnt believe how cool he was. First he was short (I was much taller) but was a legit 'ball of muscle'. I told him I used to wrestle in HS & he was very interested as he kept asking ME questions. We laughed as I told him that my daughter & I watched a recent Smack'Down the time SCSA threw Angles gold medal in the Detroit River. My daughter, who was 7 at the time, yelled "He worked hard for those!!" Fuck he laughed his ass off. LOL Got a pic of him with my daughter, I still have it here some place.

~ met Bret Hart several times & he was always cool. One time I met him outside a house show & talked for like 15 minutes while he politely signed autographs. We talked about his hockey team (Calgary Hitmen) having their logo changed by the league & he said they planned on getting in changed back ASAP. We talked about 'feud' with Issac Yankem (Kane) & how stiff Yankem was. We also talked about his days in Stampede & how much he liked wrestling Dynamite Kid. I wont lie; I was so impressed I bought one of his t-shirts that night.

~ met Dynamite Kid when I was only 13 or 14. He was wrestling in the indy scene (late 80's) and we became 'friends'. He'd see me & yell "Ryan!" (my given name) with his thick english accent. We used to sit in the empty arena before the shows & talk about wrestling. I still remember him laughing telling me how much trouble Bobby Heenen had working in 'that fooking dog suit" at WM4. He loved to talk about Japan and Stampede. My friends used to give me stuff to get him to sign; funny thing is every story you hear about him he's a cruel prick but he signed everything I asked & was really very nice. 

I meet dynamite kid to when I was 7 or 8! He was with Davey boy Smith and Davey's wife, they were both really nice. Davey's wife actually read the article in our magazine about the time the British Bulldogs wrestled each other before they were partners, I always wondered why people said dynamite kid was a dick he was nice to us. Phone Post 3.0

The iron sheik once called me a stupid American punk. Phone Post 3.0

I met Lanny Poffo a few times when I was 8-11 yrs old. I met him 3 times in Battle Creek, MI and once in Detroit. He remembered me the last couple meetings.

Another good time was when I was coming back home from my honeymoon. Flying from Denver to Detroit, I got on the plane and was looking around. Low and behold, Chavo got on the plane and as he walked by. I said hello. I finally got to talk to him once we got to Detroit. He was super cool and nice. Got my picture with him. https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20679_308556049348_2332227_n.jpg

Recently met Road Dogg, Finlay, and Scott Armstrong at Chilli's after a house show. I just said hello and told them I appreciated what they put themselves through to entertain us fans, and left them to eat. They were really cool.

Jack you are so lucky,  please tell the story about you meeting Vanderlai and him putting you in your place again.

RoyMunson - 

Jack you are so lucky,  please tell the story about you meeting Vanderlai and him putting you in your place again.

You mean the Undertaker not Wandy. LOL

Bit of a frat

Was at an arcade in the early 90s,I was about 5 .It was a cool place with greasy fast food and the Old WWF game.I loved it. However , on this day my older brother was beating me over and over at the game and busting my ass. Well the taunting kept up as went to K-Mart with my parents next door. As we're walking in my brother says look "Its the British Bulldog" incensed my dad gave him a slight crack to the back of the head. My brother repeated himself though and then I saw the long hair and beads. He was huge.I ran up to him to and tugged his shirt. He talked to me for a minute then piggybacked me to the electronics section where I met Neidhart and pulled his goatee and shook Brets hand.It was a highlight of my life. All thanks to my brother. Phone Post

Moar!!! I've never met anyone myself, but there's got to be more stories floating around the PWF. Phone Post

I professed my love to AJ today at comic con. She giggled and said I was sweet. My life is all downhill from here on out cause it ain't gonna get better than that. She's even more adorable in person if that's at all possible

Also met Dolph Ziggler and Ricky Steamboat. Steamboat was nice, I had him sign an old mag from right after he won the NWA title from Flair at the Chi-town Rumble, he smiled a bit when he saw it. Ziggler was really cool. I talked with him a bit about his time back in OVW when Heyman was running it, then he talked amateur wrestling with the guy behind me Phone Post

Met Scott Hall in Orlando when I worked at Target during college. For once he was sober and was there with his kids. I finished checking out a customer and heard this man say "Hey yo!" I looked up and there he was. I completely marked out and started asking him silly shit. Couldn't have been a nicer guy. Phone Post 3.0

I met Jake the Snake at a car lot in before a house show they did in my hometown. I was a little kid, about 6. My brother and dad were with me, Jake kept calling my brother Jimmy(His name is Josh) and he then called my brother retarded when he corrected him about the 4th time not being jimmy. my brother was maybe 8 years old at the time. He told him not to piss on electric fences, dont go swimming wtihout life preservers or run in front of fast moving automobiles.....he was an ass, my dad who hadnt been out of prison very long told jake something after he sent us away...he just told jake he was a moron or something, Im surpised he didnt shank him to be honost.

i have no cool stories because i havent met any other wrestlers other than jake the snake.

I live in a suburb of Atlanta and have been here most of my life. I have met a bunch of guys, mostly through a car dealer I used to work at:

Kevin Nash (Vinny Vegas at that time)
Dusty Rhodes (Virgil Runnels)
Scott Steiner
Lex Luger
Buff Bagwell
The Big Show (Paul White or The Giant at that time)
Sid Vicious
Ron Simmons
Perry Saturn
Raven
Glacier
Scotty Riggs

I know everyone can't stand Kevin Nash but the first time I met him was at the Ford dealer I was working for, he was picking up his girlfriends '89 Taurus SHO, he had just left WCW and signed with WWF. I knew him as Vinny Vegas, he was surprised I knew who he was and seemed pretty cool. I ran into him again many years later. My son and his son played on the same tee-ball team. It was after the WCW was bought out and he was just riding out his contract with them. We mostly talked about his bad ass Bronco he had at the time and other car shit.

On the other hand, I'm sure this is no surprise. Scott Steiner was a total ass. We ate lunch at this sports bar he was part owner of, he was out front chewing out the manager, totally losing his fucking mind. Got in his truck (90's model F-350 crew cab) and nearly ran us off of the road as he came blasting past us and cut off getting onto the highway. The second run in was with his truck in the shop, same stuff just flying off the handle at everyone and anyone in sight.

Oh, a couple of months ago I saw Earnest "the Cat" Miller training at the gym I was going to. He was doing pad work and I was doing a boot camp class. I don't know if he was taunting me or cheering me on but it made me laugh.

A.C. Slater's Mullet - I met Lanny Poffo a few times when I was 8-11 yrs old. I met him 3 times in Battle Creek, MI and once in Detroit. He remembered me the last couple meetings.

Another good time was when I was coming back home from my honeymoon. Flying from Denver to Detroit, I got on the plane and was looking around. Low and behold, Chavo got on the plane and as he walked by. I said hello. I finally got to talk to him once we got to Detroit. He was super cool and nice. Got my picture with him. https://fbcdn-sphotos-f-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-prn1/20679_308556049348_2332227_n.jpg

Recently met Road Dogg, Finlay, and Scott Armstrong at Chilli's after a house show. I just said hello and told them I appreciated what they put themselves through to entertain us fans, and left them to eat. They were really cool.

cool met him once too. Everybody just call him Sal (his given name) and he was really friendly to me as well. It was after Eddy's passing & we talked about all kinds of stuff including how good Vickie was in front of a live crowd & how shocked they all were with how good she was. He said any angle involving Eddy was brought to him & Vickie's for his approval. I asked him if he ever nixed any ideas, he said "yes lots".

I talked to Eddy on the phone once too, he was VERY cool. I'll tell the story later when I have time. 

What about the time when Art met Kurt Angle?

-Drama Phone Post 3.0