Goodfellas, Henry was wrong.

Let me say first, this is my favorite movie of all time. However, after watching it again tonight Henry was wrong.

The scene in the diner where Henry is asked by Jimmy to go whack the guy and Henry makes his mind up to flip is garbage.

The book, which I've read many times, I don't buy it. Henry will do as he pleases but murder is unacceptable. Get the fuck out. This dude copped a huge deal and lies through his teeth. Props to him, but it's unbelievable. Phone Post 3.0

Henry did what Henry had to do Phone Post 3.0

He was a rat fuck.

I thought Tommy seemed kinda harsh. I don't know.

He popped his cherry but it wasn't for life. Phone Post 3.0

If you watch interviews with him about his gangster days, you definitely get the impression he wasn't at all the man that Liotta portrays in the movie. Aside from being a rat, of course Phone Post 3.0

It was out of respect. Phone Post 3.0

The guy was a spineless weasel not unlike his cohorts but I agree he doesn't seem to be the goodfellas character he was made out to be. Definitely a scumbag but criminals are never as great as they seem in movies. Phone Post 3.0

WattMell - Do you think if Henrys wife went into that shop Jimmy was telling her to go into she would have been killed? Phone Post 3.0
Isn't this the time period when her and Henry were coke heads? Probably just cocaine fueled paranoia. Hell, that probably never happened, I'd wager it was artistic liberties taken by Scorsese Phone Post 3.0

I've met him and we've talked on more than one occasion. I've talked with his daughter too, heh heh.
He said it was pretty much like that, but there were exaggerations.
He recently got busted running an e-ring. Phone Post 3.0

sparkuri - I've met him and we've talked on more than one occasion. I've talked with his daughter too, heh heh.
He's been dead for almost 3 years Phone Post 3.0

I knew Sammy the Bull got busted selling ecstasy while in witness protection, didn't know Henry Hill did too. Phone Post 3.0

BJTT_MrAntichrist - 
sparkuri - I've met him and we've talked on more than one occasion. I've talked with his daughter too, heh heh.
He's been dead for almost 3 years Phone Post 3.0

HAHAHAHAHA!

ONE DOG GOES ONE WAY, THE OTHER DOG GOES THE OTHER WAY, AND THIS GUY'S SAYIN, " WHADDA YA WANT FROM ME?"

The way he describes the rape scene was nothing like the movie Phone Post 3.0

OJTT_ConorWrestedHisBallsOnMyHead - The way he describes the rape scene was nothing like the movie Phone Post 3.0

Didn't read the book, cliff notes on this.

He was a small time pathetic Irish prick who played wannabe, and ended up wasting his life doing just that. Also, he barely knew Paulie Vario in real life. They weren't nearly that close. He was an associate ffs.

WattMell - Do you think if Henrys wife went into that shop Jimmy was telling her to go into she would have been killed? Phone Post 3.0

Nope. They were planning on giving her a foot massage, a pedicure, the whole 9 yards.

Was there a "Stacks" irl though? Phone Post 3.0

Hired Gun -
OJTT_ConorWrestedHisBallsOnMyHead - The way he describes the rape scene was nothing like the movie Phone Post 3.0

Didn't read the book, cliff notes on this.
Tutti was the man behind closed doors, and took Jimmy and Paulie to task Phone Post 3.0