Google Home vs Alexa

Which is better? Or are people finding neither are worth owning after the novelty has worn off? I'm considering getting one or the other worth gift cards.

Never tried Alexa but we use Google home all the time.  Added a Google home mini today.

Google is better. All i use it for is music and I always have a free 4 months subscription to Google play and YouTube red that i just keep renewing with different emails.

Neither. 

Fuck NSA spying on me. 

Rashomon -

Neither. 

Fuck NSA spying on me. 

They already are

We just got alexa on the echo + and its pretty nice.

We play music (although the selection on amazon prime music is not as good as apple music IMO) you can use the echo as a bluetooth speaker and play apple music, or whatever from your phone.

I have made shopping and to do lists.

Alexa controls the lights because we have hue bulbs (you can say "alexa set living room lights to 45%" shit like that. )

JasonJ -
Rashomon -

Neither. 

Fuck NSA spying on me. 

NSA has better things to do than to spy on your dumbass!

Until you come up with some sort of invention or business plan, or disruptive technology, amirite?

I like google because it integrates with my google play music subscription. Don’t use it much except for music. May tie it to some home automation eventually, but haven’t yet.

Have the Alexa and love it. Went to add another one and a couple of dots and everywhere was sold out. There were plenty of the Google homes on the shelf at all the stores I checked.

They both do about the same thing just whatever integrates better with your other subs whether you pay or not

We have an Echo dot and we like it. I needed to buy an intercom for our in-law unit that my mom is moving into next year.  For 30 bucks I bought another echo and use it as the intercom.  Way cheaper than an intercom and she can use it for all the other cool stuff too.

I have the Echo with Alexa. I love it. Use it mostly for my spotify, but I do listen to the news every morning and control the lights in my bedroom. 

Brockback Mountain - We just got alexa on the echo + and its pretty nice.

We play music (although the selection on amazon prime music is not as good as apple music IMO) you can use the echo as a bluetooth speaker and play apple music, or whatever from your phone.

I have made shopping and to do lists.

Alexa controls the lights because we have hue bulbs (you can say "alexa set living room lights to 45%" shit like that. )

I have use Google home for my hue lights as well. love it

I prefer Alexa because for some reason it's easier to say than OK Google.

Alexa because it's tied into Amazon Prime 2-day shipping. You can say "Alexa, add 2 of dog food to my cart." Then wherever you're ready and have items in your cat, you can say "Alexa, checkout my Amazon shopping cart."

It seems so fucking stupid, are people that lazy they can't press play on their phone anymore? Seems like it would take longer to ask a machine to do something I could do quicker myself. That's not even taking into account all of the spying stuff.

Used both a great deal and I would say Google home is much better.

Neither. Wait for the HomePod, it will be the state of the art.

Mass.

very annoying transplants here, from there