Google offends Canadians

TORONTO – Calgary residents expressed outrage over Friday’s Google Doodle, which featured five animated characters bobbing up and down in a body of water, as the city faced a local state of emergency due to rising flood waters.

The doodle was designed to celebrate the summer solstice, the longest day of the year, by showing a favourite summer pastime – swimming.

The animation shows five swimmers, clad in bathing caps, bobbing up and down in the water. The doodle even features an animated wave that passes over each swimmer.

But residents of Calgary, and across southern Alberta, said the doodle was offensive as some evacuees literally swam from their homes and landmarks such as Calgary’s Saddledome were almost completed flooded.

Meh, it's Canada, who cares? Phone Post

Im sure GOOGLE thought about a few Canadians before finalizing their doodle. I mean if it was someone drowning from flood waters then I'd say its fucked up but they were swimming and it was the first day of summer.

Lol such whiney bullshit.

People will always find something to be offended about. Phone Post

they don't look very happy, clearly they are flood victims

Justine Beaver, come on, at least dress like a teenager.

I'm offended that someone was actually offended about that. Phone Post 3.0

Pretty sure the people in Calgary have bigger things to worry about than a stupid doodle.

I'm in Calgary and don't not care what so ever!!
People will bitch over anything! Phone Post 3.0

stevekt - 

O Canada!
Our home and native land!
True patriot love in all thy sons command.
With glowing hearts we see thee rise,
The True North strong and free!
From far and wide,
O Canada, we stand on guard for thee.
God keep our land glorious and free!

Is anybody offended that they are offended?

Is anybody offended at the people who are offended by them being offended?

Furthermore, is there anybody from the original offended group who is also offended at the people who are offended by the original offending group?

....because I'm offended by that guy...but just that guy.

Nobody was offended. Somebody just needed a story to fill empty space. Phone Post 3.0