Google Stadia

Anyone have or using Google Stadia?  Google had a promotion where they were giving them away for free to YouTube premium users.  We are on a family plan so my wife and I both got one.  I’ve been playing Jedi Fallen Order on it.  It has been really hit or miss.  One time I’ll play, and it will be near perfect, but then I can stop for supper and when I come back it’s nearly unplayable due to the lag and hiccups.

I really like the concept.  Hopefully the bugs get worked out.

I'm a subscriber and love it. I play often but have purchased a few games and love it for travel or playing in the office and then moving to the living room. Mouse and keyboard or controller play. The ability to move from device to device seamlessly is great. Also not worrying about download times or driver updates is a major plus. The lack of games and mods is a big con though. 

Not a whole lot of games on it and doesn't look like Google is trying hard to get more. Developers have stated that Google isn't offering enough of an upfront incentive for them to develop their games for the platform. It's not easy or cheap to make an already existing game for an entire new system. And with such a low player count, there's no long term incentive to make that investment. 

I haven’t tried it but have heard the input lag is awful.

I just beat Fallen Order and can tell you some of the later bosses are real pricks that require near perfect blocks/dodges. Good luck with that bullshit on Stadia fren. 

Heard it was horseshit 

All that shit's built to melt your brain. 

MDAlex -

I'm a subscriber and love it. I play often but have purchased a few games and love it for travel or playing in the office and then moving to the living room. Mouse and keyboard or controller play. The ability to move from device to device seamlessly is great. Also not worrying about download times or driver updates is a major plus. The lack of games and mods is a big con though. 

Pretty much my thoughts as well... When the service works. At least a third of the time the lag and stuttering is terrible. 

I really hope this takes off. When working it's better than console. 

I got the free kit through YouTube and 4 months of the service free. Unless something changes in the next 4 months I don’t see myself keeping the service. The free chromecast ultra was worth it though.