Googles Email Service

Google tests waters with terabyte e-mail limit
Last modified: May 18, 2004, 11:43 PM PDT
By Stephen Shankland
Staff Writer, CNET News.com

Google just escalated the e-mail storage arms race by a factor of 1,000.

Several users of the search engine's Gmail Web-based e-mail service noticed Tuesday that their storage limits had quietly been raised to 1 million megabytes, or 1 terabyte. That's four times the typical capacity of a new high-end PC's hard drive.

The Gmail service still is in testing, and it wasn't immediately clear how widely Google will offer the higher storage limit, under what conditions, or to which users.

http://news.com.com/2100-1024_3-5215599.html?tag=nefd.top

has anyone used it yet, i think im gonna try it out, i dont give a fuck if they scan my oprn or other shit, not like MS or Yahoo cant and dont do it

3. How do I sign up? When can I get a Gmail account?

We're currently only offering Gmail as part of a preview release and limited test. We don't have details on when Gmail will be made more widely available, as that depends in part on the results of the test. If you're interested in receiving updates on Gmail, submit your email address using the form at the bottom of this page. And you can check out a sneak peek of Gmail here.

damnit!

A terabyte? WTF.. they can't be serious.

IMO, they are asking for trouble for offering that much storage. It will turn into the next Usenet, Bittorrent, etc. Don't ask me how, but if you offer that kind of storage, people will find a way.

good point alpo, i remember whe they had all those 100MB sites where u could store shit for free

i had like 100 accounts with gig's of DC and PC games on them for sharing

but that shit can be easly controlled