Gordon Ramsay Accused of Cultural Insensitivity

glassjawed - 

They do have a point though, blindly appropriating other cultures without understanding them is akin to blackface.

What previous screen name were you posting under?

I don't have a problem with it because I fucking hate Ramsey. Why do people support this douche-nozzle is beyond me. If he yelled at me like that, I'd laugh in his face.
I don't want that loser representing us to other cultures.

HotSteppa - I don't have a problem with it because I fucking hate Ramsey. Why do people support this douche-nozzle is beyond me. If he yelled at me like that, I'd laugh in his face.

A lot of chefs act like that in high end resturants.  Working the kitchen is a high stress job.  That being said, I'm sure a lot of that is for TV.  I wouldn't be surprised if there were outtakes of him screaming the same lines several times so they can get the right camera angle or reaction out of the "target" of his abuse.

glassjawed -

They do have a point though, blindly appropriating other cultures without understanding them is akin to blackface.

It's food fucker,  he's not doing some sacred  time honored tradition and selling it for profit.  Holy fucking communist indoctrination.  

GHTT_WagonBurner331 -
glassjawed -

It's food fucker,  he's not doing some sacred  time honored tradition and selling it for profit.  Holy fucking communist indoctrination.  

Cuisine is one of the staples of culture. When visiting a new country, food is one of the first interests of most people, though in your case it may be ladyboys. 

HotSteppa - I don't have a problem with it because I fucking hate Ramsey. Why do people support this douche-nozzle is beyond me. If he yelled at me like that, I'd laugh in his face.

Are you from Wales?

Hilarious for a chinese guy to criticize a white guy for stealing another cultures intellectual property. 2nd biggest economy on earth and they did it almost entirely by copying white inventions.

Stu Cazzo - 
HotSteppa - I don't have a problem with it because I fucking hate Ramsey. Why do people support this douche-nozzle is beyond me. If he yelled at me like that, I'd laugh in his face.

Are you from Wales?

Ramsay is from Isle of Man, not wales iirc.

LOL Eddie Huang is such a faggot.

I used to be a fan of the guy but it's increasingly clear at this point he is a very miserable, bitter person with a pretty big chip on his shoulder.

Dude is a fat midget in his mid 30s who has an identity crisis and is seen as commedy fodder by mainstream America. He should stop being so upset about this and embrace it, esp. since it's getting him paid.

But instead the guy seems to get off on acting in bad faith and calling people out over petty shit like this for the sake of appearing 'woke'.

And this is the dude some of you were advocating be "the next Bourdian".

Not to mention Zimmern piling on too. Dude is a hypocrite as he became a household name through a show caled "BIZARRE Foods" where he talked to locals like they were autistic 5 yr olds and made exaggerated facial expressions when tasting their everyday food.

And now he's complaining about Ramsay "othering" foreign cultures.

LOL these self-righteous potato looking queefs doing a try-hard SJW act are too much.

glassjawed -

Cooking food from other cultures is much worse than black face

UltimateKeyboardWarrior - 
glassjawed -

Cooking food from other cultures is much worse than black face

its pretty much another holocaust

Gordon is a saint

glassjawed -

You are on a roll today with your stupidity 

Of course he cooks food from other cultures. Have you ever seen Scottish food?

Good enough for the prick. He's spent years treating people like shit and getting away with it. Fuck him.

He rips on vegans mercilessly, sjw's aren't far off. 

Settle down, everyone. Based on that article, it looks like maybe 4 people talked shit to Ramsey about this new show on twitter.

I don't think Fox News and ijr.com needed to write an article about that.

To be honest, this looks more like the anti-sjw crowd creating outrage for themselves.

Rhymenoceros -
Jesus Quintana - 
Stu Cazzo - 

Are you from Wales?

Ramsay is from Isle of Man, not wales iirc.

He's Scottish. Jesus, you guys can very easily look this stuff up using the same device you're using to post.

Yeah...I took a stab and forgot to look it up.  Haha

I just knew it wasn’t England.

glassjawed -
GHTT_WagonBurner331 -
glassjawed -

Cuisine is one of the staples of culture. When visiting a new country, food is one of the first interests of most people, though in your case it may be ladyboys. 

If you don't like the ladyboys,  then kindly gtfo heathen . 

jqvwxyz - Settle down, everyone. Based on that article, it looks like maybe 4 people talked shit to Ramsey about this new show on twitter.

I don't think Fox News and ijr.com needed to write an article about that.

To be honest, this looks more like the anti-sjw crowd creating outrage for themselves.

When two very prominent, maintream celebrity chefs are among the "maybe 4 people" and their tweets get as much engagement as they did, it becomes newsworthy.

Let's not act like this is comparable to the faux-controversy about Starbucks cup designs a few years ago where it was literally 6 random accounts of private citizens with barely any followers complaining about cups that resulted in dozens of articles.