Gordon Ramsay Accused of Cultural Insensitivity

Huang drew criticism in May 2015 for comments he made about black women during an interview on Real Time With Bill Maher. He said "I feel like Asian men have been emasculated so much in America that we're basically treated like Black women." Later he engaged in a Twitter exchange on his account @MrEddieHuang with @BlackGirlDanger where he defended his comments, which were called "misogynoir". Huang then tweeted "are we dating cause you wildin. lol" and offered to take her out on a date.[36][37]

Huang has also drawn criticism for his appropriation of African-American culture.[38] Huang has stated: "I’ve devoted myself to speaking about people owning their own cultures that they’ve created, that they came over with, and educating people about the foundational values in culture."[39] Nevertheless, The New York Times referred to Huang as "a walking mixtape of postmodern cultural appropriation."[40] Some have claimed that Huang exhibits "misogynistic language and attitudes", non-conventional English speech and dress, and experiences with police which indicate an "adoption of a hip hop influenced persona."[41]

snowflake appreciation thread

Zonion -

It used to be that crazy, fringe shit like this was laughed at and just shrugged off, as it shoud be. Now this shit gets discussed and debated.   

People bite on it and make it a huge deal because they think it somehow proves their beliefs, when it actually just proves how dumb they are 

Eddie is a huge hypocrite. At the 2:00 mark in this vid, he speaks about how he wants Asians to "be seen as whole people, not people who can only do this or only do that", yet if a white person pursues culinary arts from a different culture, they are racist and appropriating.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TDBzBsqkq3g

Eddie Huang is a piece of shit who clearly has an issue with white people and America, yet if it wasn't for those 2 things he wouldn't even exist.

Best part about his TV show was when he went to Maine? It was a lobster /  rich person episode. He sat down with some younger white girl and started giving her the immigrant speech and she was pretty much like no, America's great because of white people, end of interview.

Everyone should get their DNA analysed --it's not that expensive-- and then only be allowed to eat foods that proportionally reflect their exact ethnic make-up.

Every Indian, sushi, thai & pizza place in my local food court is run by chinese people. The Tim Horton's is all filipinos.

It makes me weep everytime i have to go there. Not so much because of the cultural appropriation but because the food is so terrible.

I support this movement, I don't want a dude from Guangdong making me a fucking chimichanga.

glassjawed -

They do have a point though, blindly appropriating other cultures without understanding them is akin to blackface.

“Cultural appropriation “ is just another term made up by the left to exclude and show their hatred of white people. It’s the new cool thing to be racist. Take your SJW shit elsewhere. The left is showing its true racist colors.

glassjawed - 

They do have a point though, blindly appropriating other cultures without understanding them is akin to blackface.

No they dont, youre just a cunt.

And if what you say is true, then every non white or asian better stop using any form of technology and go back to living in huts.

CaptainWoody -

This is just people who need to grow the fuck up and stop being assholes worrying so much about everyone else and what is and isn't ok for them to do. 

BajiKimran - Every Indian, sushi, thai & pizza place in my local food court is run by chinese people. The Tim Horton's is all filipinos.

It makes me weep everytime i have to go there. Not so much because of the cultural appropriation but because the food is so terrible.

I support this movement, I don't want a dude from Guangdong making me a fucking chimichanga.

The 'dude from Guangdong' is not the problem, you are, because you're eating foods that are not from your culture.

Stu Cazzo - 
Rhymenoceros -
Jesus Quintana - 
Stu Cazzo - 
HotSteppa - I don't have a problem with it because I fucking hate Ramsey. Why do people support this douche-nozzle is beyond me. If he yelled at me like that, I'd laugh in his face.
I don't want that loser representing us to other cultures.

Are you from Wales?

Ramsay is from Isle of Man, not wales iirc.

He's Scottish. Jesus, you guys can very easily look this stuff up using the same device you're using to post.

Yeah...I took a stab and forgot to look it up.  Haha

I just knew it wasn’t England.

my bad, looked it up. He is from isle of wight actually.

shen - 
BajiKimran - Every Indian, sushi, thai & pizza place in my local food court is run by chinese people. The Tim Horton's is all filipinos.

The 'dude from Guangdong' is not the problem, you are, because you're eating foods that are not from your culture.

exactly. These bigots need to keep to their own kind.

NKcell - 

Eddie Huang is a piece of shit who clearly has an issue with white people and America, yet if it wasn't for those 2 things he wouldn't even exist.

Best part about his TV show was when he went to Maine? It was a lobster /  rich person episode. He sat down with some younger white girl and started giving her the immigrant speech and she was pretty much like no, America's great because of white people, end of interview.

didn't see that, but it sounds hilarious.

It is so disgusting that we let non-white immigrants come into this country, bend over backwards for them, in many or most cases actually pay money so they can live a decent life and yet, it seems like most of them still resent us.

I think most asians/indians (not counting eddie) are an exception to this.

Can you imagine being allowed to immigrate into china and having chinese people pay for your home in public housing, go to chinese schools and then spend your life criticizing how evil chinese people are?

Like, if we're sooooo bad why did you need to immigrate here?

anyone who doesn't like ramsay is a donkey and burned the risotto again.

The day they started reporting fuckwits on Social Media as real news, was a very very bad day.

Hilldo -
glassjawed -

“Cultural appropriation “ is just another term made up by the left to exclude and show their hatred of white people. It’s the new cool thing to be racist. Take your SJW shit elsewhere. The left is showing its true racist colors.

i contacted that cunt that got disney to stop selling moana holloween customs and go ton her for all the american shit she was wearing and coloring her hair blond and said she was appropriating white people.. she said no.. its assimulation. i told her to assimulate my cock in her ass

Funny that Eddie Huang, an asian american wigger, is calling someone out for cultural appropriation.

NKcell - 

White people didn't immigrate to America?