Gordon Ryan retires on top

gordonlovesjiujitsu

Verified

Thank you and farewell. Its been years since i did anything besides training. I haven't taken a vacation in 5 years. On this trip i realized that there's more to life than being stuck in a blue basement every day killing myself. i have proven im the best over and over again and now its time for a change. Its time to start the next chapter of my life. i have some matches scheduled early in 2020 which ive committed to and will compete in but consider 2019 the last year of my competitive life span. I dont need anything else in life. All i want and need now is to explore the world with the ones i love and help my team mates achieve twice as much as i have as well as help people around the world through instructional videos. i know it will pain a lot of you to see me go but this is something im sure about. i hope all the fans understand and have enjoyed the rise thus far. its not over. I couldnt have asked for a better career. love you all ??

1 Like

More like a break from the constant roiding. Doesn't want to turn into an ape like the rest of the bjj "greats"

3 Likes

ttt

Yeah. No one is buying that. He probably has an injury and is actually enjoying a holiday or he is playing by the conor play book to get more money. If he wants to continue the lifestyle he is living he needs to keep working and competing. 

2 Likes

Maybe is going to be a dad,or just doing the fake retirement to drive up his price.

1 Like

is he taking a shot at Danaher for 'being stuck' in a blue basement?

2 Likes

Troll 

Who the fook is that guy?

I'd say he's about 6 months at a real job away from getting that competitive spirit back. 

6 Likes

Fake news. His price just went up. I want to see him against Felipe Pena and whenever the next adcc is against galvao.

1 Like
GaspareBJJ -

Troll 

100%

1 Like

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/845/1999topofthepopsii06.jpg/ Uploaded with ImageShack.us 

6 Likes
HillboFrateTrane - 

Eh. Something is going to go bad with that tranny GF of his. He's still a little autist edgelord weirdo at heart, so there will be a bunch of butthurt drama. 

Is he really? Didn’t know that. I’m a fan now.

1 Like

Meh, dudes currently on his first vacation since he started training seriously. He is pretty straight edge I think so maybe he had a few drinks or smoked something and decided he wanted to do that forever and retire.

Give him a few months off and he will be itching to get back to hard training. Vacation is awesome but gets boring after awhile.

I have been in the fight game for 30 years now...I have no clue who this guys is! LOL

I don’t call matches fights so…maybe it’s that.

IamHe - I have been in the fight game for 30 years now...I have no clue who this guys is! LOL

Literally no one called matches fights in this thread and he even said matches in his post.

thegreatone287 -

Yeah. No one is buying that. He probably has an injury and is actually enjoying a holiday or he is playing by the conor play book to get more money. If he wants to continue the lifestyle he is living he needs to keep working and competing. 

IamHe - I have been in the fight game for 30 years now...I have no clue who this guys is! LOL

Nope.

doing karate, or what ever you have been doing for “30 years”, is not being in the “fight game”.

there is no way you did not at least hear his name if you have been “in the fight game”.

Stick to your home dojo buddy, and those Chuck Norris Jeans you have, are super lame. 

4 Likes

The only thing left for G Ryan to do in no gi is to win the ADCC super fight. Other than that theres really nothing else left to do but rack up the same titles he already has.

HillboFrateTrane -

Eh. Something is going to go bad with that tranny GF of his. He's still a little autist edgelord weirdo at heart, so there will be a bunch of butthurt drama. 

Yeah his GF is rough.....