Gordon Ryan vs Felipe Pena (betting odds)

I’m not upset by his words. I just think he comes across as a douche, that’s all. I’m not going to root for someone who acts that way. It’s cringey.

Still doesn’t mean I don’t respect his grappling ability or talent, or don’t want to see him compete. He’s one of the most interesting grapplers out there and his matches are a must watch.

3 Likes

See I want him to win/root for him only cause it makes the sport grow

Of course id rather a Craig Jones be GOAT, but whatever lol

I don’t like no time limit. They just drag out and get boring. Turns into who has better cardio. No realistic situation in the world would have guys doing a BJJ death match for over an hour straight.

I don’t hate the matches, if people like them cool.

2 Likes

100% agree. There is no real life or sporting, bjj, vale tudo etc, scenario where no time limit will ever be a thing again. People were falling asleep during Helio vs Santana. Has anyone actually watched the 45 minute Marcelo Behring vs Cardoso gi match from the 80’s? It was not exciting at all.

2 Likes

30 minutes will be enough to prove who is best. Gordon wants to punish Pena but 15 minutes in, we will know the result.

1 Like

Do you think Jones has missed out on his chance by leaving DDS? Not convinced the B-team is going to put him over the top. B-team seems to leaning heavy on wrestling. Don’t think that’s going to put him or anyone on that next level. Don’t take that wrong, they will be a force and you see that with many of the members. They are going to be very good, not sure Great though

1 Like

I think that the B-Team guys made a mistake. As everyone knows, there were personality conflicts, but Danaher’s knowledge and teaching ability is the driving force behind DDS’s success, IMO. The B-Team guys are excellent, but not as good as Ryan, and their best chance to get that good was to keep showing up to training sessions lead by Danaher (and maybe to a lesser extent, to roll with Ryan).

1 Like

Why are they called B-team? Was it a disparaging comment from Danaher about the second tier guys?

It’s interesting watching Merigali in his recent match not being able to dominate as easily as Ryan does despite being very high level, and training under Danaher extensively.

Nobody can dominate like Gordon Ryan does.

Meregali is still new to the no gi scene. Yes he was badass in gi and a lot of it transfers but he still needs more time to adapt. From what I’ve see he did almost zero no gi training in his life.

Training under Danaher and with Gordon was a great call.

He’s had two matches and just recently started training with them. Think he’s doing “ok” so far

1 Like

I think they intentionally chose it as tongue-in-cheek. Maybe a nod to the fact that they were all thought of (and maybe treated like?) a highschool B team under JD next to the one man A team that is Gordon.

Has anyone ever came out against John? Never heard some say anything about him. The split between the groups were between Gordon and the others and John picks Gordon

Not that I have heard. My comment was pertaining to the public/media perception towards them.

In a podcast with Firas Zahabi Danaher says it was a personality clash or something very close to that wording.

I think it hurts for sure. Between the guys losing Danaher and now having to run a gym etc. But I think the one who missed out the most is Nicky Ryan.

It’s more Gordon is a piece of shit and all of his old teammates and BROTHER hate him.

2 Likes

I mean not all considering New Wave

No idea but my guess the rift is between Nicky Rod and Gordon. Everyone had to pick sides. Two huge egos in a room doesn’t always work.

I’d also say mindset is very different between the two schools. B-team seems to have lots of fun. Watching their IG account, you see silly clips all the time. John’s training seems extremely serious. It’s 100% business from the time you walk into the room until you leave. You need a certain type of person to work in that environment.

At the end of the day, this probably the biggest division that added to pressure causing the division.

2 Likes

Agree’d. B-Team seems awesome

1 Like

What happened between Nicky and Gordon? Weird to see brothers break up like that.