Gorillaz New Album

Anyone able to make it through this shit in one sitting? I'm a longtime fan and bought their first album on release day.

It seems like Damon is going the Tarantino route as he gets older, hoping he may be declared an honorary black man. Besides a couple decent songs, this album is like an extended slam poetry session with a drum machine behind it.

Loved it 

Pure trash 

First few albums were remarkable music works. I'll have to check the new one out. 

Gorillaz stuff used to have a lot more of a subtle political message and didn't directly reference real world stuff since the Gorillaz kinda exist in their own world.

Now there are straight up songs about black dudes getting shot by cops and apparently lines about Trump were cut out. It's like Damon doesn't understand his own band anymore and is just producing wacky hip hop tracks for other artists.

Pretty good album.

I thought the beat for Saturnz Barz was filthy. I played the shit out of it when it came out. Now not so much.

I love Gorillaz but this album was very average.

5/10.

I get to see them in September. They're playing at life is beautiful and a ton of the artists with features on gorillaz songs will be there. 

I listened to the first half the other day. Need to finish it. The track with Danny Brown was good. Miss the old Gorillaz sound though, wasn't feeling the reggaeton and club rap vibe on a few of the tracks though, to be honest.

Homeless in the cold - I listened to the first half the other day. Need to finish it. The track with Danny Brown was good. Miss the old Gorillaz sound though, wasn't feeling the reggaeton and club rap vibe on a few of the tracks though, to be honest.
I'm with you

There's what, 1 song of 17 that isn't featuring anyone? They've always brought on other people but not to this degree. Just wish it was more of their own stuff.

I was dissapointed. I love the gorillaz but this album did nothing for me.

Give me your top 3 songs off the album and I'll check them out 

Meh. Nothing special. Zero Fire 

Sameies OP.
Album weak AF.
Carnival is as good as it gets on there.

I'm a huge Albarn fan, but this album did sort of fall below the mark.

I loved their previous stuff and saw them live but I didn't like this at all I expected it to be a lot better.

It's weird I feel like neither of the guys cared about this album. I usually love Jamie Hewletts art but even the cover is a mess.

2D looks like he has downs and should be bagging groceries somewhere

Could the poor reception just be down to the typical thing that you generally don't like the new stuff until it becomes the old stuff?