Got a Mac Mini

I got a Mac Mini for my gym (it's currently at my house), and I'm trying to get a lot of the software that I had on my old PC on to this platform...Not too much luck.

What's pissing me off right now is bittorrent. I downloaded bittorent and it didn't work for shit. Then, on an OG recommendation, I downloaded Azureus but I keep getting a NAT error when I try to set it up.

WTF do I need to do to get this working?

I'll be using the MM to update my website, post podcasts/website updates/videos, but I need something to keep me busy on the down days...

Hook a brother up!

SCRAP

SCRAPPER -

you need to allow TCP port 6881 through 6889 to your computer on your router.

Could also try to turn off firewall on mini and hook up directly to connection instead of router. That would eliminate one possible source of error. I am not sure if Azareus is one of the exceptions you can check off.

"you need to allow TCP port 6881 through 6889 to your computer on your router."

Azureus doesn't use those ports. It randomly selects one port and tells you what it is during set up. It's also available in the preferences.

So, how do I set it up to use a "good" port? I'm totally new to Macs, in case no one picked up on that.

SCRAP

P.S. This is really bugging me because I have my old PC right behind me that has absolutely no problems with torrent software.

The problem actually has nothing to do with Macs, it has to do with your network set up.

Go to Azureus preferences. In the Connection section, there should be a incoming TCP and UDP port number. Let's say it's port X.

Log in to your router and go to the port forwarding section. Set it to forward port X to your Mac.

Where do I log into the router? I know the port that Azureus uses, but I have no idea how to get the Mac to use it.

The router usually you log in through some IP address. Like 192.168.0.1 in some browser. Check your manual. If Safari (POS) doesn't work, use Firefox.

Did you try hooking it up directly, with no router in between? That will tell you if it's some setting on the Mac. If this works, it's not the Mac. I also believe dafelst is correct - FW is turned off by default.

Shit, I still can't figure this damn thing out! I need to be able to talk to someone while I'm doing this crap.

"Shit, I still can't figure this damn thing out! I need to be able to talk to someone while I'm doing this crap."

SCRAP, you can IM me. just use your B-PT AIM name.

I actually like Bits on Wheels better than Azareus for a Mac torrent client.

I like the mini's. I think it'd be a cool thing to have as a hub for a home media center.