Got a new processor yesterday.

I just picked up a Boss GT-6 at guitar center yesterday. I can't wait to plug it in and play around with it. Does anybody know much about them?

I've heard good thing about the overall sound quality.

I have played around with quite a few modeling devices and the COSM engine does a great job. A very "present" sound from my little Micro Cube amp on my workbench, and it's pretty much the bottom of the COSM equipped gear.

Whatever you do, try hooking it up in as many ways as you can to find the best tone. I have found that some units like straight to power amps(either stand alone amps or through the effects loop RETURN input) and some sound better through the front end of a guitar amp set at it's cleanest. I'd read that part of the manuel carefully.

Opeth use the GT6- sweeeeeet....but they're my favorite band-

I'm pretty sure they use it for everything...straight into their Laney's clean-

I hooked it up and played around with it and I am happy. The only problem that I have encountered is that my bridge pickup feeds back too much now matter how much gate I try to use. My next move is to get a good bridge pick up but I don't know what to get. I want an EMG but I don't know if you can have an active and a passive pick up in the same guitar. I really just need a good pick up that does not give off alot of feed back. Any suggestions?

I have a Charvel with an active bridge hummer and two passive single coils...very possible-

I have some bill lawrence pups I'm gonna drop in another guitar when I get the chance... an L450 for the neck and an L500XL for the bridge...should be hot..and his reputation is stellar-

The problem with combining passive and active pickups in the same guitar is that they require very differnt values in the volume and tone controls. Passive systems use 250-500K ohm pots while active systems use 25K pots generally. This means that in a mixed system you with have either too much or not enough resistance to ground for one pickup or the other.

If your guitar has volume controls for each pickup(Les Paul style) you can do it, but don't expect everything to operate at peak performance.

Shootozen, your guitar may FUNCTION, but not as well as it would if you made it all EMG.

Bill Lawrence pickups are great. Potted for feedback resistance. But then most Seymour Duncan and DiMarzio pickups are also.

Cool. Thanx Racer X. I will keep you all posted on what I do with it.

My Charvel is a model 4 with original Jackson pups...I haven't done any mods on it...besides it being a quintessential 80's metal git fiddle, it is very versatile (surprisingly)...you can get pretty much anything out of it-

why would it be better if it were all EMG's?

From EMG's site. If you read it all it will make sense:

It is possible to mix EMG's with passive pickups. There are three possible wiring configurations; one is better than the other two.

Use the high impedance (250K-500K) volume and tone controls. The problem is that the high impedance controls act more like a switch to the EMG's. The passive pickups, however, will work fine. If you have a guitar with two pickups and two volume pots, with a three-way switch, there is another alternative. Use the 25K pots for the EMG, and the 250K pots for the passive pickup. This way you can use one or the other with no adverse affects, but with the switch in the middle position the passive pickup will have reduced gain and response.

Use the low-impedance (25K) volume and tone controls provided with the EMG's. The problem here is that the passive pickups will suffer a reduction in gain and loss of high-frequency response.

This is the best alternative. Install an EMG-PA-2 on the passive pickups. There are two benefits to doing this. With the trimpot on the PA-2, you can adjust the gain of the passive pickups to match the EMG's. The PA-2 acts as an impedance matching device so you can use the low-impedance EMG controls (25K) without affecting the tone of the passive pickups. You will also be able to use other EMG accessory circuits such as the SPC, RPC, EXB, EXG, etc. For this application, we recommend ordering the PA-2 without the switch for easy installation on the inside of a guitar.