Got a speeding ticket

For going 52 in a 45 zone.

Sucks, man. I felt like I was going with the flow of traffic. When I was told I was going 7 miles over the speed limit I kinda figured it would just be a warning.

Nope, got a citation.

That's why I like to go 20-30 over, at least then I feel I deserve it.

Phoenix

Speeding tickets are completely arbitrary, total bullshit.

Reschedule your court date as far out as possible, do it as many times as they allow and push it out to 6 months, a year.

If the cop does show up, they will usually work with you to bump it down to a non-moving violation since you made the effort to appear.

Must be new on cop who thinks that now that he's a cop he will change the world. 10 mph is a given and I've about 6-7 cop friends and that's what they all say. Some have even said "Go with traffic."

I'd fight it. Maybe dude won't even show up.

That is unusual.

A good lawyer will show that 7 mh is within the margin of error of your speedometer and however the cop measured you speed.   That is why 10 mph over is usually the minimum.  Hard to prove that you could not tell.  Most speedometers are not that exact of easy to read in 1mph increments, but ten, sure they are.

ausgepicht - Must be new on cop who thinks that now that he's a cop he will change the world. 10 mph is a given and I've about 6-7 cop friends and that's what they all say. Some have even said "Go with traffic."

He said he was part of some special traffic unit.... It kinda felt like Joe dirt telling me his last name is dirtè

JimLahey -

Do you have a bad driving record? 

I haven had a moving violation in over 8 years

JimLahey -

This. Got clocked at 98 on the interstate last Saturday. He gave me a warning for no front plate and speeding because I have clean record.

My dad is a motorcycle cop and doesn't even stop people until 15 over. Then depending on how they act, its usually a warning. 

Savage Fappin' -
JimLahey -

I'm in the Phoenix area, Gilbert, and I've heard about some no tolerate zones on the freeways due to high accident areas. At that speed you weren't in the freeway obviously but was it something line that?

Savage Fappin' - Phoenix

Cops can be wonky about things here Savage, you know that. 

So technically you broke the law and feel you shouldn't be ticketed for such a violation.

arlovskiwonmyheart -
Savage Fappin' -
JimLahey -

I'm in the Phoenix area, Gilbert, and I've heard about some no tolerate zones on the freeways due to high accident areas. At that speed you weren't in the freeway obviously but was it something line that?
I was about a block from the 60 and that's exactly what he said. I made sure to verify that there wasn't anything wrong with my driving other than the speed. I was super polite and even told him to be safe when he left.

ausgepicht - Must be new on cop who thinks that now that he's a cop he will change the world. 10 mph is a given and I've about 6-7 cop friends and that's what they all say. Some have even said "Go with traffic."

Dude broke the law. Man up and pay your fine. If you don't want a ticket next time don't speed

That's fucked man. I'm here in Phoenix and when I got a ticket for +15 over I went to defensive driving so it wouldn't be in my record. The instructor even said in class "cops won't pull you over for less than 10 mph."

I was pulled over once coming down from Flagstaff for 11+ and the cop told me "if you were just going ten over, I wouldn't have stopped you."

That cops a dick.

Go to defensive driving so DMV doesn't have a record.

baj54 - So technically you broke the law and feel you shouldn't be ticketed for such a violation.
I never said I didn't deserve it you mook, I just thought it was weird I got a ticket for 7. Mph

Savage Fappin' - For going 52 in a 45 zone.

Sucks, man. I felt like I was going with the flow of traffic. When I was told I was going 7 miles over the speed limit I kinda figured it would just be a warning.

Nope, got a citation.
Got caught going 42 in a 25 with a contruction zone scam sign. Cop let me go but told me it would have been a 400 buck ticket.

Savage Fappin' -
arlovskiwonmyheart -
Savage Fappin' -
JimLahey -

I was about a block from the 60 and that's exactly what he said. I made sure to verify that there wasn't anything wrong with my driving other than the speed. I was super polite and even told him to be safe when he left.
I was there and I noticed the traffic cops were pulling people over like crazy. They must need money badly cause it was bullshit tickets imo

I get tons of speeding tickets lol I'm actually sorting thru 2 now. I figured I'd get a lawyer for these because they were both 20 over, and I just got thru with one over the summer.
If you don't get many, most likely they'll cut a deal, or drop it. I've had so many that there's a system that I have to go thru to beat (most) them. I just had too many recently so I'll have to pay a bit this time