"Got caught"

This statement is dumb. People keep using it to explain Chuck losing for an example. It's like saying it was a lucky punch. The staement takes away from everything the other guy did right and doesnt put any blame or fault on what you did.

agreed

I think another thread about this phrase is a must!

this is better results than most of my threads.

kungfugrip - This statement is dumb. People keep using it to explain Chuck losing for an example. It's like saying it was a lucky punch. The staement takes away from everything the other guy did right and doesnt put any blame or fault on what you did.

I disagree entirely. I think the whole point of saying Chuck got caught, implies that he got caught making a mistake that Rashad capitialized on perfectly (and definitely not by luck). I think almost any one punch/kick/knee/etc KO in the history of the sport can be classified as getting caught. I think the point is that Chuck did get caught with a great punch which resulted in a lightning quick KO, but it wasn't the same type of beating that he took from Jardine for example. I'm not saying one loss is worse than another, but they are definitely different.

kungfugrip - this is better results than most of my threads.

That's pretty sad, dude. Maybe you should start a thread on a topic that hasn't already been beaten to death. Hint: we already know Lesnar is an unstoppable frate trane, so I would maybe stay away from that area. I will say though that my threads usually die a horrible death as well, so maybe I'm not the one to give advice.

All that being said, you kinda have a point. No one ever claims that all of Chuck's KO victims just "got caught". But then "what do you want him to say".

I would agree with MNFAN here, I didn't take it as a slam against his opponent at all.

NOW, had he said LUCKY PUNCH, then sure I can see the argument at that point.

I don't have a problem with "got caught" of "lucky punch" for the most part.

When a "better fighter" loses to a "worse fighter" that is essentially what happened. 9 out of 10 the better fighter would not have been "caught" so the punch was sort of "lucky".

However, I don't think that's the case with Chuck and Rashad. Although Chuck's "confidence" and "arrogance" does make him tend to carry his hands low because he doesn't think he can get hurt. Rashad capitalized and deserved that win.

What's he supposed to say?

Some People here don't know what it means.

one punch is usually getting caught

a multitude of strikes leading to a ko later in the round is getting picked apart

^^ sounds good to me

page said it best after he beat chuck. maybe the same thing happend this time??

After beating Chuck Liddell for the UFC title:
"You can make a mistake and get caught in a submission, but Chuck made a mistake and he got caught in an ass whoopin'."

rashad said chuck got caught

^What's he gonna say max, "that Chuck was careless by not keeping his hands up while backing me up against the cage?"

Politically correct answer, IMO.

Listen to some of Chuck's past interviews; in pre fight interviews he often says he's going to catch his opponent and in post fight interviews he often says he caught his opponent.  This time he was the one who got caught.  It's not an excuse, it's his short and sweet explanation of what happened.