Got into College for Mechanics!

Light and commercial vehicles. Really excited. Any advice OG?

That's rad, congratulations. 

So you got into technical school.

Righty-tighty

Lefty-loosey

It's all ball bearings these days.

Seriously, invest in a good set of tools, and never lend them out.

IronHands - So you got into technical school.
Nah, I think it would be more like Community College that Americans have. Like an intermediary between high school and university.

Pig Bun -

Righty-tighty

Lefty-loosey

I will not be the first person to forget that hopefully.

Good for you OP. No douchiness or judgement here, learn your shit, work hard, and you can have a very successful career for life.

The guys that judge someone for learning a blue-collar trade are the ones that can't change a flat tire and have to end up paying guys like you to do the job.

Benntheredunthat - Good for you OP. No douchiness or judgement here, learn your shit, work hard, and you can have a very successful career for life.

The guys that judge someone for learning a blue-collar trade are the ones that can't change a flat tire and have to end up paying guys like you to do the job.
I'd fail in a white-collar setting anyway. This is purely a fall-back trade for me (and loads of tinkering because it will be fun) for if and when fighting professionally is done. Really I want to open my own MMA gym.

(Currently 1-0 as a pro and 6-2 as an amateur)

Good for you. Smart move.

My old neighbor got our other neighbor an apprenticeship for coach and truck mechanic I think it's called. Whatever the case he's got his full license now. Living large now. 

Open your own shop. Hire someone to do your books, someone good. License to print money. 

More money on commercial side 

Pig Bun -

Righty-tighty

Lefty-loosey

Except for the ones that are left hand thread

Don't cross thread it!!

i got accepted to barber college

Learned a little more about the course. Basically my first year will be stripping down engines as part of a port folio. I'll get through the whole car in a year. Gearbox/clutch/drive train/basic electrical. Taking loads of pictures. I think next academic year will be advanced electronics and probably quite a bit of diagnosis on damaged vehicles.

I'm so fuckin' pumped!

There are colleges for mechanics?

FreightTrain - There are colleges for mechanics?
Well in the U.K and Scotland in particular, we have colleges designed for everyone. So a typical college will have lots of blue collar trade teaching schools along with academic classes for things like sciences, literature and art.

And it's all funded through tax payers so anybody can go and learn and improve themselves (:

Good move, I have a associate degree in diesel technology and another in heavy duty.

Has helped me alot over the years.