Got into Cooley

75% scholarship. Anyone else go there? Any advice on campus locations? Can anyone tell me anything about Lansing, Grand Rapids or Detroit? Thanks.

there are some cooley students that train at the gym i run. give me an email when you get into town. davidgriswold@hotmail.com

i guess i assumed you were talking of the lansing campus, i forgot about the other two campuses.

still waiting on decisions from 9 other schools I applied to and cooley is only an option if I get rejected from all the others.

Congrats!

Congrats.

at one time, forum member "mafiacrusher" taught there.

finished a stellar career as a Fed Prosecutor, now in private practice.

http://convertino.net/

I went to Cooley, graduated in 2000. Tough school, but easy to get into. If you have any question, let me know. Lansing Campus

Cooley is a good school. It is very easy to get into, much harder to graduate.

ttt

Thanks for the replies. I'm trying to decide on the relative merits of the three campus locations. Any advice in that regard would be appreciated. I've never been to that area and am living overseas now and will basically be moving there blind.

It is Michigan. It is cold. It doesn't matter what part of Michigan you are in. It will be cold.

Lansing is the cloudiest capital city in the country. It is a nice town/area. I don't know much about the other campus locations.

I think I'm leaning towards western new england now. It's a smaller school with a more intimate environment. Also the area seems nicer (new england), there are more fly fishing opportunities, slightly better reputation, etc.

antifret - I'm actually posting from the WNEC law library. :)

My GF is a 2L here. I graduated from UConn Law last May. If you have any questions about anything, I would be happy to help.

"Also the area seems nicer (new england),"

Be warned, Springfield is a shithole.

There are nicer towns around there, Northhampton etc, but Springfield itself is a hole.

The school is pretty nice though.

I think they are highly unethical. They admit twice as many people as they know will make it through the 1st year. So they know that half the people they admit they will fail out 1L. You shouldn't admit people you have no confidence will make it through just so you can get some money out of them. They also fail out so many to keep their bar passage rate "up"--I use that term very relatively.

"They admit twice as many people as they know will make it through the 1st year. So they know that half the people they admit they will fail out 1L. You shouldn't admit people you have no confidence will make it through just so you can get some money out of them."

Are you sure? I know people there, and from what I've heard the dropout rate is not particularly high.

Class averages are supposed to be in the 78-82 range.

I'm posting from my boyfriend's account. I actually go to WNEC law. The law school has a very friendly atmosphere. The teachers are more than willing to help if you have any questions. The school usually gives very good financial aid packages to those who qualify. Because it is a small school, there are a lot of opportunities to become involved. I do warn you that if you are from out of state, the city of Springfield is not too pretty. There are some nice surrounding towns if you do not want to live downtown.

St. Thomas in Miami is getting sued for it and from what I heard Cooley is one of the worst offenders of the same thing. But maybe Cooley isn't as bad, I don't know. Just what I have heard.

Lol, I thought you were talking about WNEC. Nevermind.