Got my first movie role.

Just thought I would let the UG be first to know about my first movie role.

I play one of the lead actors in a movie named 'Sucker Punch' along with stars like Danny John Jules from BLADE 2 (www.blade2.com) and Gordon Alexander from the new movie THE PURIFIERS (www.thepurifiers.com)

I play Maitland, a retired bare knuckle fighter who now managers fighters, but not all is as it seems to be. Maitland has a past and it comes back to haunt him.

Not giving too much away, but the movie also has a sense of humour to it, along with some great fight scenes. Not your Jacky Chan type fighting but Ultimate Fighting (thats why they chose your truely, along with my good looks and charm)

Shooting starts next week, we break for xmas and then shoot again january.

wish me luck.

Ian

break a leg.

good luck ian. been saying it for a long time now ur the man

congrats!

oh and by the way are u doing any more of that show one sky one, cant remember what it was called where "tough guys" had to prove how tough they were, cue smashing thru doors holding trucks etc? only caught little bits of it as it was always on the telly just before i had to go in and play football?

Nice one mate, can't wait till it comes out

DROC

Good luck Ian !!

When I read the thread title I thought for sure they were coming out with a "Mr Clean" movie... ;)

"oh and by the way are u doing any more of that show one sky one"

No, the show has changed hands and as for now another 'Britains Hardest' will not be made.

"That's awesome! Do you know if it's going to get distributed Stateside?"

not exactly sure pal. As soon as I know, i will post it ok.

"When I read the thread title I thought for sure they were coming out with a "Mr Clean" movie... ;)"

surely I'm too good looking for that movie roll, lol

Congrats, Ian.

How will this affect your plans for future fights? I hope you
guard your health and don't try to do too many things at once.

More than one excellent fighter has been too distracted and
had their fight performances degrade. I hope this does not
happen to you, you retain your health, and all the best to you.

Respectfully:

Fred

Congratulations!

It's cool to see MMA guys going for something even bigger.

Quick question Ian, do you know any good resources to get into
martial arts stuntman work or a place to drop a resume?

joe_kras@hotmail.com

Really appreciate it. Good luck!

Very Cool! Congrats!

"How will this affect your plans for future fights?"

If i dont have at least 10 weeks to prepare then i dont fight. thats 10 weeks prep or training, not 10 weeks notice. if UFC call me with only 4 to 5 weeks notice and i have been trainin g for 5 weeks then i will still take a fight... hope you understand, lol

"Quick question Ian, do you know any good resources to get into martial arts stuntman work or a place to drop a resume?"

I will ask around when on set...as for now i cant help, sorry.

"Outstanding news Ian. Make your dad proud."

Shit man, you got me all choked up then... thanks Bill.
By the way, that was my dads name.

Excellent, Ian!! Break a leg.

Congrats Ian!!!

Ian,

You are going to have the time of your life doing this film.  Congrats on this awesome 'second career'.  After having emailed you and learning a little more about you, I can't think of anyone who better deserves a chance at this.  You'll knock 'em out buddy.

You know what would be cool?  Now that you are about to become a film veteran, it would be cool to see you and Oleg Tektarov (sp) in a tough guy flic together.  He's made a pretty good film career for himself, much like I am sure you will.  You know nothing but how to succeed.

I wish you the best Ian, and I'll the first to go see it and/or buy it when available.

Best of luck,

Benjamin       

That's cool! Good luck with everything.

congrats

beware of the on set buffet :)

congrats dude! I always thought you'd be bad-ass on the big screen.

Great news man!