Gotta love Danny Trejo

Great story. He really turned his life around. I love his passion for helping others with problems.

Good dude.  He was filming a movie in my hometown Lockhart, TX a few months ago and I have a cousin who is a counselor out at a charter school/treatment center for young males who were neglected and/or abused.  Danny was having dinner at a local Mexican restaurant where my cousin and his family were eating.  My cousin sent him a beer and Danny came over to thank him.  They got to talking and Danny inquired about his company shirt and his position.  The next day Danny came out to the facility and talked to all the kids about life, drugs and just his experiences getting over his addiction and the keys to success.  He's checked back a few times with my cousin to see how the kids are doing.  Pretty cool experience for everyone involved.

Your cousin ruined his sobriety????

GenErick - Your cousin ruined his sobriety????

He didn't drink it.  My cousin did not know he quit drinking years ago.  He came over to thank him for the gesture.

God bless Danny Trejo. Phone Post 3.0

Check Out Champion on Hulu.
( http://www.hulu.com/watch/547747 )

met him many times and have some people in common danny walks the walk.

who else could get so many oscar winners/nominated people to show up for the machete movies based on friendship alone.

Seems like a great dude
Never hear anything bad Phone Post 3.0

YoungGunABKJ - Seems like a great dude
Never hear anything bad Phone Post 3.0
Truuf! Phone Post 3.0

Yup, I've only heard good things about Trejo.

71 years old!

HITMAN DAN DIAZ - met him many times and have some people in common danny walks the walk.

who else could get so many oscar winners/nominated people to show up for the machete movies based on friendship alone.

like Dan said, Ive met him many times, great guy

My buddy owns a pit bull rescue company (if you call that a company?) Danny Trejo has donated a good bit to the cause along with he and his wife being personally involved. From what they say, Danny is an extremely awesome and laid back guy while his wife is basically the opposite. A lot of people I know that are involved have met him and love him more from personal experience than his bad ass movie characters. Phone Post 3.0

Been to a lot of meetings with Danny .. My cousin and him are pretty good friends .. Dude is a trip ! Good stories Phone Post 3.0

Bad Ass Mural of him on Van Nuys Blvd in Pacoima I pass by everyday. Phone Post 3.0

So Danny is in the program?

FloppyBBC Divac - So Danny is in the program?
Deep Phone Post 3.0

Quality human being. Totally respectable what he has done with his life.