Graph: Covid deaths per country adjusted for pop.

https://twitter.com/EdConwaySky/status/1256614005881389063/photo/1

CharlesMartel - 

Almost like social distancing had a very negligible effect and the curve will be the same regardless of practices. Certainly not worth a Great Recession.

1 Like
jcblass -
CharlesMartel - 

Almost like social distancing had a very negligible effect and the curve will be the same regardless of practices. Certainly not worth a Great Recession.

Yep, looks like is doing better than nations that went into lockdown.

I think the virus was going to run its course through society regardless of measures because it was already in circulation before social distancing was enacted.  

Good thing that it's a lot less deadly than the initial projections and hospitals are no where near being overwhelmed, except in countries like Italy which has a notoriously corrupt/bad medical system.

I'll admit I was wrong and believed the initial WHO death rate.

Trust -

Well, that is a logarithmic chart.  The curves are separated by a lot more than that chart would seem to indicate. 

The US is at 232 DPM, while Belgium is at 726 DPM.  The chart makes them look close, but Belgium has around 3 times more deaths per million than the US. 

Yeah but log charts are the best way to visualize this, and you can see the gap between the US and Belgium is quite large.

CharlesMartel - 
Trust -

Well, that is a logarithmic chart.  The curves are separated by a lot more than that chart would seem to indicate. 

The US is at 232 DPM, while Belgium is at 726 DPM.  The chart makes them look close, but Belgium has around 3 times more deaths per million than the US. 

Yeah but log charts are the best way to visualize this, and you can see the gap between the US and Belgium is quite large.

Why is it the best way? Isn't it misleading? Just like an 8.0 Richter earthquake is way more powerful than a 7.0... but on a graph doesn't look that much different.

jcblass -
CharlesMartel - 

This was just a test to see if the media and government could lock down a country with no push back, not only did it work, half the country gets mad at the people wanting to get back to normal. Amazing.

I like this graph I came across earlier.

jcblass -
CharlesMartel - 

In ny 66% of hospitalized did the sip. 18% were from nursing homes, the rest were people that didn’t stop working. The numbers kinda go with your thought there 

Lazarus -
CharlesMartel - 
Trust -

Why is it the best way? Isn't it misleading? Just like an 8.0 Richter earthquake is way more powerful than a 7.0... but on a graph doesn't look that much different.

This vid explains it pretty well around 2 min.  I timestamped it to start at the relevant portion.

Of course if you don't know what you're looking at it can be misleading.

The only thing that changed is the increased number testing positive since testing is increasing, the % of those who died is falling because it really isn't that deadly after all.

Lol @ china’s numbers being anything but fiction. 

1 Like