GRAPPLING CLASSIC Jan. 24th in MI

GRAPPLING CLASSIC NEWS AS OF 12/9/2004

*** Beautiful 3" MEDALS for the top three finishers in each GI and NO-GI division! These medals are second only to the Pan Am Medals. They are something to compete for.

*** The 16-man PRO NO-GI Division is stacked with talent. We're talking Grapplers Quest, KOTC, NAGA, and Pan Am champions and Abu Dhabi Qualifiers. We've got three BJJ Black Belts and one Judo Black Belt competing, among a bunch of hungry others looking to stake their claim. We've got guys representing Renzo, Caique, Pedro Sauer, Machado, Royler, and Saulo Teams. This division will be the highlight division of the year. And you'll be able to see it on DVD!

GRAPPLING CLASSIC: Styles Converge

Events: NO-GI Invitational, Copa Americana Brazilian Jiu Jitsu Championships, 16-man PRO NO-GI under 165lbs

Date: Sat. Jan. 24th, 8-6pm

Regards,

Event Promoter

grapplingclassic@hotmail.com

TTT sounds great. I will be there for sure.

TTT Team Monteiro will be there for sure

I'd love to make it, but the cost is a bit too high for a smaller local event.

why are you pulling an ADCC and not announcing who is in the pro division until the day before?

seanbansfield,

I have a question. What is the difference between the "NO-GI Invitational" & the "16-man PRO NO-GI under 165lbs"?

Alos, how woudl someone get invited to either of those divisions?

Thanks,

Dustin Ware

kai tremenche,

$60 is competitive, especially given that 1st thru 3rd place teams get $1000, $500, and $250 respectively. that means a team of ten could walk away with $40 profit per person. hey, you call it small, but i've got BIG plans for this event. remember NAGA and GRAPPLERS QUEST started out very small. look at them now. i'm positioning this event to be on par or better than those. get in now, win a GOLD medal. then when the event does get big, and you say, "I won that event," people will give you major props. the first event in 2002 was small as expected but then we more than doubled attendance in the second event. and i expect to double attendance again in jan. but i couldn't achieve such success without GOD, first, and then YOU, my fellow grappling colleagues.

gzbull,

no-gi invitational is the amateur no-gi event. anyone can enter that one. sorry for the confusion in the name. will eliminate the ambiguity in the future.

16-man pro no-gi event is for under 165 lbs guys. i accepted guys based on their performance in mma and grappling events. in june, i will have a similar event for under 215 lb guys. so you have 6 months to prepare. i would most certainly accept your entry Dustin.

take care.

Event Promoter

Gabe Naylor might be able to make 165. You should get a hold of him.

seanbansfield,

Thanks! That is all I needed to know! I will see you in June...well, I will probably see you at the Arnold's, at the NAGA event in Chicago (May), and maybe even in January!

Again, thanks for the info!

Dustin

Mike please tell Gabe hello for me he's a good guy and solid grappler also tell him to please get ahold of me my number is 810-577-3391 thanks.

-Don Richard

I will do that Don. I won't see him until Tuesday, but will give him the message.

Mike,

The 16-man event is filled. If he chooses, I can put him on the list of alternates.

Give my best regards to Gabe when you see him.

Don,

How's it going man? Would you like me to put you on the 16-man under 215lbs list for June? Send me email to grapplingclassic@hotmail.com. The list fills up fast. Ken Kronenberg wanted to compete in the Jan. event, but didn't realize it was under 165lbs. I told him he was in in June. Also, the prize money will probably be raised. Take care.

I thought the Email read that it was $75 for one division...

I hope we can support one anothers events. I plan on bringing 5-10 guy form Lapeer Caique Jiu Jitsu School.
Looks like everything is shaping up nicely for your event. Dan Cousineau - Champions Challenge Promoter

this event is going to great for the detroit area. thanks, abdula and tyrone.

chris blanke

"I'd love to make it, but the cost is a bit too high for a smaller local event."*** Beautiful 3" MEDALS for the top three finishers in each GI and NO-GI division! These medals are second only to the Pan Am Medals. They are something to compete for. *** The 16-man PRO NO-GI Division is stacked with talent. We're talking Grapplers Quest, KOTC, NAGA, and Pan Am champions and Abu Dhabi Qualifiers. We've got three BJJ Black Belts and one Judo Black Belt competing, among a bunch of hungry others looking to stake their claim. We've got guys representing Renzo, Caique, Pedro Sauer, Machado, Royler, and Saulo Teams. This division will be the highlight division of the year. And you'll be able to see it on DVD! ***1st thru 3rd place teams get $1000, $500, and $250*** GRAPPLING CLASSIC: Styles Converge You betta recognize!!Good luck to the U of M team!!

Good luck to the UofM team and all the competitors.

UofM will be there. the better guys at UofM are already pretty well-known in this area and i'm sure they'll do well. to me, it's the new guys that i'm going to really take an interest in. these guys in their first year are eager to learn, have great athleticism, and are hungry to compete. they are a great new crop of recruits for the UofM team.

Dan,

That's cool. You and Don can count on my support at Champion's Challenge. You guys have treated me well.

Take care.

Thanks Quincy.