Grappling hall of fame SHOULD have

Gene Lebell.......without a doubt.....

add your own.....

anyone who says Royce must be gutted!

Rickson Gracie

ravishing rick rude

oh, REAL grapplers?

ok then, i agree, gene should be

Does Tiger Schulman deserve to be in the grappling hall of fame???

To not include royce would be nuts. Because of him most of us train bjj.

I was wondering that. I was questioning tiger schulman being in there. I know he does do grappling, but what exactly has he done in the grappling world that is so ground breaking that would justify him being inducted to the hall of fame?

Gene Lebell, JJ Machado, Rickson,Royler to name a few..

ruas. the 1st 3 dimentional fighter

Gene Lebell, Karl Gotch, Helio Gracie, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Larry Hartsell, Yori Nakamura, Dan Gable.

Didn't they include Royce and NOT Rickson? I am reading "The Gracie Way", a surprisingly good book by the way, and I think Royce deserves it but Rolls and Rickson were on a higher level according to every Gracie...

2005 Hall of Fame: Gene Lebell, Karl Gotch, Helio Gracie, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Larry Hartsell, Yori Nakamura, Dan Gable.

2006 Hall of Fame: Royce Gracie, Ken Shamrock, Erik Paulson, Oleg Taktarov, Dan Severn, Masa Funaki.

2007 Hall of Fame: Kazushi Sakuraba, Randy Couture, BJ Penn, Pat Miletich, Machado, Rumina Sato, Rulon Gardner, Frank Mir.

Why Mir? Mir has not done well in grappling tournaments. Also if we are putting in heavyweight mma fighters based on mma accomplishments then deffinately minotauro has to come before mir.

Do instructors, media, etc vote in this hall of fame or is it just decided by Kip Kollar?

Oh, Mino and Fedor.

There are some GREAT BJJ'ers that have not been mentioned, Nino Schrembi, Jacare (both), Bustamonte, Liborio, JJ Machado.

Also some great wrestlers with great competition record in Grappling events: Jeff Monson and Mark Kerr.

Also some great current Japanese grapplers that did real well in grappling tournaments: Rumina Sato, Gomi, Genki Sudo

Agree with all, but the first grappling hall of fame should give credit where it is due first:Gene Lebell, Karl Gotch, Helio Gracie, Yoshiaki Fujiwara, Larry Hartsell, Yori Nakamura, Dan Gable.

There should also be a special award that recognizes great grapplers that have passed.

Also Carlos Gracie and Kano, and yeah I agree completely

Folks,

I haven't seen Lou Thesz mentioned, I'd have to say he definitely needs some recognition!

What would be criteria for grappling Hall of Fame members? Contributions grappling in a world like influecencing manner? Would it include Fighters who have reknowned skill for the time they where active?

How about new gneration fighters like Sakuraba and Frank Shamrock for there phenominal displays of grappling on the pro mma scene, Nog.. etc?

AJ

Lou Thesz is dead. He could go into the category of late grapplers.