Grappling League coming soon to NY

This group is dedicated to the Ranking of Submission Grapplers that are associated with the TRI-STATE GRAPPLING LEAGUE. This League is based out of NYC and Ranks grapplers from the NY, NJ, CT, and PA area. We hold Weekend tournaments that are ROUND ROBIN format. Grapplers will Earn Points towards there rankings. At the end of the season, the Top 8 grapplers in their weight classes will compete in a play-off for the TRI-STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT. Ranking Point system: WIN = 3pts PARTICIPATION = 1pt for each match LOSS = 0pts EVENT WIN = 5pts extra will be added to the total points for the day of competition. Each tournament is a $25 registration fee which Guarantees at least 3 matches. In-Match point system: takedown = 1pt side mount = 1pts full mount = 2pts back mount = 2pts Submission attempt = 1pt sweep = 1pt Theses matches will be following the RFA scoring system Matches are 5 minutes each. First three minutes will be no scoring and the last two minutes will be scoring. winners of events will recieve Gold medals Winners of their TSGL weight class will recieve a Championship belt. This is an Open Level league so there will be no Sand Bagging issues. Weight Classes: -130 -140 -150 -160 -170 -180 -190 -200 -215 +216 *We reserve the right to combine weight classes to accommodate competitors THIS IS OPEN TO ALL COMPETITORS. NOT JUST AMATEURS.

when does it start?

Next month. Date is to be decided

This group is dedicated to the Ranking of Submission Grapplers that are associated with the TRI-STATE GRAPPLING LEAGUE. This League is based out of NYC and Ranks grapplers from the NY, NJ, CT, and PA area. We hold Weekend tournaments that are ROUND ROBIN format. Grapplers will Earn Points towards there rankings. At the end of the season, the Top 8 grapplers in their weight classes will compete in a play-off for the TRI-STATE CHAMPIONSHIP BELT.

Ranking Point system:

WIN = 3pts
PARTICIPATION = 1pt for each match
LOSS = 0pts
EVENT WIN = 5pts extra will be added to the total points for the day of competition.

Each tournament is a $25 registration fee which Guarantees at least 3 matches.

In-Match point system:

takedown = 1pt
side mount = 1pts
full mount = 2pts
back mount = 2pts
Submission attempt = 1pt
sweep = 1pt

Theses matches will be following the "Real Fighting Alliance" scoring system

Matches are 5 minutes each. First three minutes will be no scoring and the last two minutes will be scoring.

winners of events will recieve Gold medals

Winners of their TSGL weight class will recieve a Championship belt.

This is an Open Level league so there will be no Sand Bagging issues.

Weight Classes:

+216

*We reserve the right to combine weight classes to accommodate competitors

THIS IS OPEN TO ALL COMPETITORS. NOT JUST AMATEURS.

there that's much better to read

ttt

Nice. Keep us updated

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Tri_State_grappling_league

That is the yahoo group that i created. I urge everyone to please join the group. I will send out updates via the group so that everyone who is a member can get it. Don't worry, it's a regular group. won't cost anything

Still on for this Sunday, Jerry?

yes sir

myself, brother and at least three other guys from Emerson's will see you there...

Cool brother. can't wait

any questions. Email me at newyorkfightnights@yahoo.com or call 347-432-4024 Jerry Mendez

July 22nd starts the TSGL. venue is to be decided

ttt

ttt

ttt

ttt

Oh man Im pumped...I never grappled before

ttt