grappling shorts

i've never used them before. are they worth it? are they any different than just wearing surf shorts? i usually use surf shorts and was thinking of getting grappling shorts but is there a significant difference? what's your opinion?

if you like them, which brand and why?

The biggest difference? P-R-I-C-E!!!

Sure some grappling shorts have the string inside the shorts or have cool little slits on the sides, but for the most part, they're exactly the same as boardshorts.

Just go to Costco and buy you some nice "Da Hui" boardshorts for $20.

Don't listen to BM he goes with the cheap ass boardshorts then leaves behind gouge marks while rolling from the metal eyelets and finger sprains from the external pockets.

i like my shorts that have the gi material in the crotch. i think otm has them. good stuff

[quote]SubDudewitaTude - Don't listen to BM he goes with the cheap ass boardshorts then leaves behind gouge marks while rolling from the metal eyelets and finger sprains from the external pockets.[/quote]

Don't let me treat you like that then

oh dude i just got those shorts from costco today, da hui shorts look good. you could buy like 3 pairs of those shorts as compared to buying a pair of sprawl shorts.

That's what I wear unless someone gives me free stuff.  hint hint.

They also had Gotcha shorts a while ago which I liked as well.  Killer deal for Da Hui.

I got some nice stuff from quiksilver for the No gi mundials. There going into a performance line of shorts and tops that are great for surfing/grappling/hiking wot ever. Good stuff.

I wear vale tudo shorts. shrug much better.

Does anyone ever go to those "surf sample sales"?

don't own a pair... I just use boardshorts

BMFL, I have been to those surf sample sales. That's how us poor folk used to afford the name brand beach wear...but most of them had minor imperfections hahaha. I never knew they were surf sample or Ross' kine merch for yrs, I just thought they were fundraisers for christian groups.

i use the costco shorts da' hui as well. im with onzuka... if someone gets me a pair.....