Grappling won't work in the street

I was watching the WWF last night from my seat on a JetBlue flight, and saw Kevin Federline beat John Cena in a fight that demonstrated how useless grappling is in the street. Cena, who looked like he had about 70 pounds of muscle on K-Fed, had K-Fed up for his big finishing slam (a grappling move) when Ummaga came out and totally beat down Cena entirely with strikes. Since it was no-DQ (just like the street), K-Fed then covered Cena for the win. However, even without the useless grappling pin, it was clear that K-Fed would have won by TKO.

Lessons for the street?

A) Grappling doesn't work, even if you outweigh your opponent.

B)Even if you think you are big and muscular and can bully some skinny guy, you will probably lose.

C)In your dojo with your safe rules and no strikes, it's ok to mess with K-Fed, but NOT in the streets.

Hmm. I was about to disagree, but I can find no flaw in your argument.

Robin.

tazer > grappling

162 views, and four responses?

I seriously hope that the other 158 of you aren't sitting there saying "Naw, my BJJ is all I need."

BTW, Dr Lizardo is correct. Much as I love Bill Goldberg, Scott Hall and Kevin Nash proved this point back at Starcade in 1999 (or 1998, I forget which).

K-Fed is a true badass.I bet he would beat down 99% of the guys on this forum.Goes to show you can never judge by appearances.

lol at the lady in the pink jacket laughing at the crying guy

Frogs is correct.

And before any of you goes thinking that your BJJ would work on Cena, remember that K-Fed (probably craftly luring Cena into what the WWF champ thought would be a grappling match) tried an armbar from the guard early in the fight and got no where. If K-Fed doesn't finish that armbar, neither do you.

what about a hybrid, grappler/striker?

I think this foils your theory mainly because you can use many different angles to dominate from...

I think grappling is great for any type of situation...It's is an excellent supplement to any type of training...

But using WWE as a basis for knocking the entire sport is a little bit unreasonable...

And you saw this on WWE where there have everything writen out?

FUCK DAT...u jump me...and I HULK UP...it's over BROTHA!!!!

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/u2OR6Kjo5m4&quot;&gt;&lt;/param&gt;&lt;param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param></object>

this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard let me see u in the street and ill take you down beat your pusse fuking homo ass

Excellent points.

Man, I'd LOVE to fight K-Fed. Or at least him him with his white-trash ex-wife. Then HIT her (as is hit that...)

Eww, you'd still hit that? Maybe 5 years ago...

"this is the dumbest shit ive ever heard let me see u in the street and ill take you down beat your pusse fuking homo ass"

LOL at you talking about the "dumbest shit" and then miss pell words and not properly write a contraction.

"But using WWE as a basis for knocking the entire sport is a little bit unreasonable..."

No, I'm just using it to knock the grappling aspect of the sport.

"Man, I'd LOVE to fight K-Fed. Or at least him him with his white-trash ex-wife. Then HIT her (as is hit that...)"

What does this say?

LOL. You guys would be drooling to get sloppy seconds from K-Fed.

"No, I'm just using it to knock the grappling aspect of the sport."

Even worse...

Using WWE for anything other than entertaining people is ludicrous...

MMA is real...Remember?

nah..
my BJJ is all I need.

"lol at the lady in the pink jacket laughing at the crying guy"

LOL never noticed that before.