Great BJJ guys who never

Use BJJ in fights... what’s up with that. If you’re that solid I always thought it would be used. First guy coming to mind is Aldo,

Anderson too, until his chael submission .

You asking why Anderson Silva did not use his bjj more then his stand up?

Anderson and Aldo aren't great examples. They both love banging.

But what about Roy Nelson? Alistair is a fantastic grappler (as he showed against Mir), but wants to bang.

I believe Serras only UFC submission was Kelly Dulanty (without checking Sherdog)… I don’t think it’s the fighters conscious decision to stay away from their strenghths, as much as it is the opponents working so hard to stay away from their opponents strengths… Especially now that its,so easy to get tape of video of everybody

I thought CM Punk should have been the one to shoot for a takedown, instead of getting countered trying to strike. If he got the top position and utilized his years of grappling, Gall wouldn’t have stood a chance.

A lot of people you are led to believe have superior grappling or jiu jitsu, actually don't. Or they aren't great at actually getting the fight to the ground.

kennyfrommd - 

A lot of people you are led to believe have superior grappling or jiu jitsu, actually don't. Or they aren't great at actually getting the fight to the ground.

coughJorgeGurgelcough

jorge.

fucking.

gurgel.

Weidman. Got away from it. 

The innovator of Stand & Wang.

Jean Jacques Machado

branchdavidian - jorge.

fucking.

gurgel.

Was his knees the reason why he didn’t use to much?

Glowman -
branchdavidian - jorge.

fucking.

gurgel.

Was his knees the reason why he didn’t use to much?

Imanari happened