Great new Conor McGregor Interview (Dec 18)

weird interview. already walking back how long his break will be? guess it must not have been that important for him to be mr. mom for a year. sounds like he got the message from wme that they're not playing.

Pretty crazy that the new owners haven't even bothered to meet with the sport's biggest star, they didn't even meet him when they were taking the belt off him. 

Sub

Technical Primates -

Pretty crazy that the new owners haven't even bothered to meet with the sport's biggest star, they didn't even meet him when they were taking the belt off him. 

Yea wtf.

Wish someone would dive a little deeper into this. Sounds like a perfect gig for agent Ariel.

Sounds like he'll be ready to go after the holidays are over. I bet he fights around March. I wouldnt be surprised if it were for the 170lb strap.

That whole situation is a mess.

Does anyone know if its true that Ari is an ego maniac like on that show?

WME IMG don't give a fuck. They want UFC bigger than CMG.

Technical Primates -

They're probably trying to make a point that even though he's big, he's still just an employee.

It seemed everything was fine after he threw the tantrum and then "retired" after Nate beat him, and came back; in reality it was not. Lorenzo cut all contact with him. And it has not been the same, I think they realized that they got too friendly with him and it went right into his head. With some people, the moment you loosen the leash and get a little friendly it is translated as they can do what they want and forget their place. On the other hand others know how to behave. Look at Brock, he is a smart guy who knows not to go over his head and he still has good ties with Lorenzo and the UFC brass.

All this is, is UFC reminding him that they made him and he is not in control.

The UFC now know very well that he is a loose cannon and not to be trusted. He ain't getting any shares or any position of influence in the UFC.

Ari Emanuel is a true alpha.

I think its fantastic that they dont lick the boots of 'certain' fighters the way Enzo and Frank did. Treat them all like the help so when its time to cut/fire there wont be any hurt feelings.

Who's the boss? I dunno. I havent met him.

ProteinOverdrive -
Technical Primates -

They're probably trying to make a point that even though he's big, he's still just an employee.

It seemed everything was fine after he threw the tantrum and then "retired" after Nate beat him, and came back; in reality it was not. Lorenzo cut all contact with him. And it has not been the same, I think they realized that they got too friendly with him and it went right into his head. With some people, the moment you loosen the leash and get a little friendly it is translated as they can do what they want and forget their place. On the other hand others know how to behave. Look at Brock, he is a smart guy who knows not to go over his head and he still has good ties with Lorenzo and the UFC brass.

The UFC now know very well that he is a loose cannon and not to be trusted. He ain't getting any shares or any position of influence in the UFC.

But Dana white is on record OVER AND OVER saying my "but... Conor is special, normal fighters wouldn't get this treatment, he's special, and aside from special he ALWAYS shows up to fight anyone anywhere anytime" so at least Dana loves him. I'm sure Frank and Lorenzo loved him just as much they were the ones that had to pay him though.

New owners know it is better to let Dana handle Conor. This keeps him in his place.

B3LI3VE -
ProteinOverdrive -
Technical Primates -

But Dana white is on record OVER AND OVER saying my "but... Conor is special, normal fighters wouldn't get this treatment, he's special, and aside from special he ALWAYS shows up to fight anyone anywhere anytime" so at least Dana loves him. I'm sure Frank and Lorenzo loved him just as much they were the ones that had to pay him though.

Special treatment only goes so far. He may be a great money maker but they still need to let him know, he's an employee.

Dana just uses Conor as an excuse not to give other fighters some benefits.