Great Rant About 4th Ed D&D

Check it out - good stuff.

http://jakalla.blogspot.com/2008/04/long-overdue-d-4th-edition-rant_16.html

It is a rant but entertaining.

The guy makes some great points.

I have probably 50 to 75 gigs of RPG stuff I've downloaded just in the last couple of years.

so, I should just delete all that stuff and jump to 4th edition ?

I don't think so. If anything, I'll just download it and add it to the stuff I've already got and read it someday*

* this is false and wishful thinking on my part. I have sooooo much shit downloaded that if I decided I was gonna do nothing with my free time but read all the fantasy novels and RPG books I have let alone the entire history of DRAGON, DUNGEON, HEAVY METAL and WHITE DWARF magazines that I have downloaded, I would be at it for like 8 to 9 months straight. That includes not playing video games, not watching movies, not visiting friends, not traveling, not going to concerts and not watching Television and includes neglecting quality time with my girlfriend which by the way would also include her taking a +4 baseball bat of swinging to my dome.

There is just too much free stuff to download and too much stuff to see in order to go through it all if you have anything that even resembles a real life..........That being said, it still won't stop me from downloading stuff. I guess you could say I'm an addict that way....LOL !!!!!

Staggered_By_Hendo's_Nutz - The guy makes some great points.

I have probably 50 to 75 gigs of RPG stuff I've downloaded just in the last couple of years.

so, I should just delete all that stuff and jump to 4th edition ?

I don't think so. If anything, I'll just download it and add it to the stuff I've already got and read it someday*

* this is false and wishful thinking on my part. I have sooooo much shit downloaded that if I decided I was gonna do nothing with my free time but read all the fantasy novels and RPG books I have let alone the entire history of DRAGON, DUNGEON, HEAVY METAL and WHITE DWARF magazines that I have downloaded, I would be at it for like 8 to 9 months straight. That includes not playing video games, not watching movies, not visiting friends, not traveling, not going to concerts and not watching Television and includes neglecting quality time with my girlfriend which by the way would also include her taking a +4 baseball bat of swinging to my dome.

There is just too much free stuff to download and too much stuff to see in order to go through it all if you have anything that even resembles a real life..........That being said, it still won't stop me from downloading stuff. I guess you could say I'm an addict that way....LOL !!!!!

Now why would I want to use a baseball bat even if it is a +4 when I know where all your weapons are like that Battle Axe that you have or one of the swords. To me that would drive the point home further and also be quite a bit funer than a measley old baseball bat don't you think?

LMAO....in case you guys don't know ^^^^ is my girlfriend who posted that.

I can just see if I told her..."Now honey, I'm not going to be able to spend any time with you at all except for the occasional quickie because these here RPG books and PDF files are way more important and need my attention. I believe her response would be something like this:

I want a baseball +4.