Great upsets in BJJ/Grappling history

What are some of the greatest upsets in BJJ/Submission Grappling history?

Obviously there's Eddie/Royler, but there are a lot of other great ones through the years and it would be nice to see some posted.

var so = new SWFObject("http://www.youtube.com/v/0fHoDHtt2f4?version=3&hl=en_US", "postVideo-38625564-Flash", "425", "355", "9.0.28", "##000"); so.addParam("allowScriptAccess", "samedomain"); so.addParam("allowNetworking", "internal"); so.addParam("wmode", "transparent"); so.write("postVideo-38625564"); Here's one of my favorites.

The 1996 Mundials. Wallid vs. Roleta.

Supposedly Wallid had been unbeaten for 10 years at the time, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.  2 years later Wallid would famously go on to choke out Royce Gracie. I wonder what it would've been like if he'd had that clock choke in his arsenal in the Roleta match.

Haroldo Bunn submits JJ Machado.

Look it up.

Rodolfo vieira beating Braulio, zak maxwell beating kron a week or so ago

Eddie bravo Phone Post

Cavacas loss at the World Pro last year.
Leandro Lo over Langhi at the same tournament.
Sergio's run in 2008.
Popovitch over Marcelo in 09.
Every match Rustam Chsiev has ever been in.

BLACK and BLUE Comic - Here's one of my favorites.

The 1996 Mundials. Wallid vs. Roleta.

Supposedly Wallid had been unbeaten for 10 years at the time, but I'm not sure if that's accurate.  2 years later Wallid would famously go on to choke out Royce Gracie. I wonder what it would've been like if he'd had that clock choke in his arsenal in the Roleta match.

Lol at this. You make it sound like Wallid only learnt the clock choke AFTER his match with Roleta, and that had he known it before, he would have won.

James

Subbed Phone Post

TIto beats Cumprido in his prime, last minute call and Tito's on the plane to ADCC, no training

Couture goes to draw with Jacare - 15min

Diego Sanchez beats Popovitch

Nino spanks Machado in his 1st black belt match

Jamelao beats another Mchado brothe same tourney

Megaton beats Welton ribei

@SlapUsilly-Kneebar!

Fowlers adcc matches against saulo and renzo
Rafael mendes run at adcc pro beating robson and cobrinha
Cameron earle beating Marcelo at budo challenge
Claudio calasans beating braulio estima twice at the world pro
Jt beating Lucas lepri at the nationals
Dj Jackson beating bill the grill at gq recently
Sergio moraes Run at the 08 worlds
And jacare winning the 04 mundials absolute after getting his arm broken.

I would also have to say Comprido's win over Schembri, at the time.

Smaller but nick Diaz as a purple tapping macaco Phone Post

^Diaz tapped WHO?

BJJWRESTLER - @SlapUsilly-Kneebar!

Yes it was!
Thank you very much, i couldn't remember what it was.

JJ was supposed to win that division too.

HP was nino/machado in irvine? what year? is there video of it?

I remember Roger beating Sperry as an upset, Sperry had never been beat in his weight

BLACK and BLUE Comic -  What are some of the greatest upsets in BJJ/Submission Grappling history?

Obviously there's Eddie/Royler, but there are a lot of other great ones through the years and it would be nice to see some posted.<br type="_moz" />

Wow bro, you started a kickass thread, hopefully more old school ones are brought up.

Rômulo Barral loses to Kyle Griffin in ADCC

Many people forget, but this was a HUGE upset at the time. Not only for what happened but the way it happened.

I know he probably didn't mean it like this because Marcelo is seems to be the coolest/friendliest guy out there but his walk away after putting Shaolin to is a very 'Like a boss' moment. No celebration, just puts the guy down in 1min and walks away.