Great White Sasquatch/Vanilla Gorilla in Congo!

So last time I posted a video it was a bit of a downer... This time I hope it brings a huge smile to your face!

Please feel free to let me know what you guys think of this video, what you think would be going through your mind, etc.

Wouldn't it be SURREAL if you were being the FIRST of your ethnicity to EVER be seen by people??? Think of 3 and a half weeks of it! This was in one of the towns were we were getting food to take back to Andibo's sick mamma after she was mourning the loss of her son... Even after burying a 1 and 1/2 year old boy somehow children can bring joy to you in the worst of circumstances... You'll see what you mean when you see the video and see their smiles.

http://youtu.be/ide5YjD6AhI

Also as a heads up... Within a week or two I am launching at least one page where we can start officially taking donations for the foundation I am starting to help the Mbuti Pygmies! Don't think I have forgot... My heart is wholeheartedly invested into helping this people, the Pygmies, my family, my brothers and sisters.

We are targeting land to buy them... $160 an acre, $400 a hector (2.47 acres) of UNCUT, UNTOUCHED land in the 2nd LARGEST rainforest in the WORLD.

We already got them the first land of their own in Eastern Congo :-) I was there when it was signed over by the local cheifs... I walked the land with my Congolese friends. About 40 acres so far... We have our eyes on a BIG dream of 1 sq kilometer (588 acres) $38,000 and connecting to is another FOUR kilometers of prime rainforest with a massive river running through it with waterfalls... Good location to find water sources for water wells. Keep in mind Pygmies are made human slaves and thought to be half animal... That is why I buried Andibo because he was turned away from the hospital TWICE. 

I sponsored a water well while I was there... I am excited to let you guys know how we can do that together too! WAY cheaper than you think!!!

On the land we could maybe start a Pygmy hospital where no one is EVER turned away! 

Anyways this is my rant for the evening :-) Love you guys... Oh and let's continue to support Frank in #FranksFight on here, on twitter, on the UG and with donations! If you see this frank, sending blessings and prayers your way dude.

get yourself checked for the bad aids.

Justin,

I am not sure how you could do it, but my grandfather started a non profit called Water For People. They are one of the bigger non profits now. My grandfather passed a couple years ago, and I don't know anyone who works there, but I think that it would be worth contacting them and seeing if they would help in some way. My grandfathers name was Ken Miller, feel free to "name drop". I know when my grandfather started the non profit they brought hundreds of clean wells of clean drinking water to 3rd world countries all over the world.

That was cute.

http://www.waterforpeople.org/

If you have any questions or anything PM me.

303 - Justin,

I am not sure how you could do it, but my grandfather started a non profit called Water For People. They are one of the bigger non profits now. My grandfather passed a couple years ago, and I don't know anyone who works there, but I think that it would be worth contacting them and seeing if they would help in some way. My grandfathers name was Ken Miller, feel free to "name drop". I know when my grandfather started the non profit they brought hundreds of clean wells of clean drinking water to 3rd world countries all over the world.

Brother I am so thankful for this! 

Thanks!

That was awesome.

GCT - get yourself checked for the bad aids.

I'll take my chances... I've been to an orphanage of kids who's parents died of aids, held maybe 20 of them. ALL of them touched my beard! So funny! Their reactions are priceless... Some probably had HIV. Guess how much it means to a kid to be held? Guess how much it means to them to just play a game with them? The simpliest of love means SO much when you are thought of and treated like an "outcast."  

I just had to get checked for Tuberculosis because my Pygmy niece Fina (Her dad made me his brother and her grandpa made me his son.) has TB. I'll be posting pics of her to the foundation site... Of her the year before without TB and then with TB.

Makes you recognize how blessed we are in the US and personally it makes me cheerish my, and every life more.  

Player 1 - That was awesome.

They were AWESOME bro! Phone Post

That video brought a big goofy smile to my face. My brother does some medical mission type stuff in different parts of Africa and he tells stories of being the first white person that people have seen. He said usually at first the kids are either fascinated or run away. Phone Post

Wow Phone Post

Love it, bro!  In Kenya the kids had the same reaction as they'd never seen a redhead with hairy arms. It's amazing experiencing other cultures yet being able to love one another no matter how different we look on the outside!

Lemme know how Disciple Dojo can help publicize your work.

Justin, I am always blown away by your story and the stories you share. I work with stateside missions and the stories we come across here can leave you in disbelief, so I know that what you are witnessing is unimaginable. We are praying for you and would love to find a way to help out your new family. Vanilla Gorilla...that is hilarious! This video brought a big smile to my wife and I. We are following you on YouTube now. Can't wait to hear more. Phone Post

You are a selfless inspiration, keep it up & ignore the haters man!

Need any volunteers on your next trip? Phone Post

Smurphy - Need any volunteers on your next trip? Phone Post

I'm game to talking those options with ANYONE! Just depends on your heart in the matter really... Some people go for themselves... And as much as I benefit from going personally, I go for them. I'm not trying to pat myself on the back either... It's just people that go for themselves aren't willing to get uncomfortable for other peoples benefits... Aren't willing to suffer a bit to see joy in the face of others.

I've gone with people who go for a cool experience and it's not what they think it's gonna be... The crumble in the circumstances and just suffer for nothing really and hold back what "could have been." I've gone with people who TRULY love the people and would do anything for them... And they THRIVE in the circumstances, and it's better than we could imagine. Phone Post

jefft73 - That video brought a big goofy smile to my face. My brother does some medical mission type stuff in different parts of Africa and he tells stories of being the first white person that people have seen. He said usually at first the kids are either fascinated or run away. Phone Post

Maybe you could connect me with who your brother goes with? Or ask him if he has suggestions? I want to lead a medical team there... Well like be with them! I can't really help except I've already built relationships so I can build bridges of trust with the Pygmies and the teams.

Glad it gave you a big goofy smile! When your propelled and compelled to see smiles you can't help but to smile yourself. I have watched this video just to see their smiles countless times... And it brings that big goofy smile to my face everytime! Lol Phone Post

Awesome man!That brought a smile to my face:)

UGCTT_stuffadamdoes - Justin, I am always blown away by your story and the stories you share. I work with stateside missions and the stories we come across here can leave you in disbelief, so I know that what you are witnessing is unimaginable. We are praying for you and would love to find a way to help out your new family. Vanilla Gorilla...that is hilarious! This video brought a big smile to my wife and I. We are following you on YouTube now. Can't wait to hear more. Phone Post

The vanilla gorilla appreciates your heart buddy. I appreciate the prayers even more. What kind of missions do you do? Phone Post

DiscipleDojo -

Love it, bro!  In Kenya the kids had the same reaction as they'd never seen a redhead with hairy arms. It's amazing experiencing other cultures yet being able to love one another no matter how different we look on the outside!

Lemme know how Disciple Dojo can help publicize your work.

Dude I bet they were shocked too! People freak about gingers here...

Lol just teasing you! My beard is firey and my skin is as pasty as they come, so I'm an honorary ginger snap :-)

Let's chat soon! Phone Post