Greatest Impact on your game 2004

Greatest impact?

Luis. Period.

As an instructor, coach and great friend he has helped me in ways that I could never hope to repay. He and people like him make me very proud to be part of SBG.

After that, all the SBG instructors and members. It truly is a family.

Watching Cristian Montes' purple belt gut check in Florida was pretty intense as well ;)

It's hard to say what my influences have been this year because I don't feel as though I've maximized my training this year. There's really no excuse, but I think part of it is because of my frustration because I have no idea what I want to do as a career and part of it is because I'm having some problems with my current instructor and the place where I train.

I have learned a lot of Sayoc Kali this year so I could say that Tuhon Chris along with various instructors in his organization have influenced me a lot, and they (along with the Atienza brothers) have increased my understanding of the FMA's greatly.

Also, I could say I have been influnced a lot by the whole SBG crew. From videos and info on their website and on this board they have helped me a lot with some very useful training insight that ranges from techniques to conditioning to being able to articulate the very reason as to why we even engage in this training. They have definitley helped me fill in some gaps that were not being addressed by my instructor.

I definitely trained this year but it wasnt' nearly focused enough. In 2005 I plan on making some big improvements in all aspects of my game. I can't wait!

C.J.

FatBuddha,

I see you are still polluting the pure waters from the source with all your spider, rubber, (insert catchy phrase) guard techniques. You can put one drop of poison in a gallon of water and it is still deadly. You will never learn.

Calbert,

It's all just 1 1/2 hour away.

lol. My friend, the newer the stream the clearer the water, that is why the latest techniques from Brasil reign supreme!