Greece/Turkey jets Dogfight armed radar lock VID

'Dogfight Between Greek, Turkish Jets Captured in Dramatic Video'

A video that shows a Greek pilot flying an armed Mirage fighter jet and locking onto a Turkish F-16 fighter jet that was violating Greek airspace on Sunday was leaked to the media on Tuesday.

According to the report, the dogfight took place in the Central Aegean at about the same time that two other Turkish F-16’s were harassing a Greek military helicopter that was transporting the Minister of National Defence around the Eastern Aegean islands of Oinousses and Agathonisi.

The Greek jets were scrambled to intercept. In the video, you can hear the Greek pilot say to a second pilot “I have him!,” in reference to locking onto the Turkish F-16 jet he was chasing down as a separate Turkish jet comes in to intercept the Greek Mirages.

The footage shows the Turkish pilot who was violating Greek airspace making a desperate attempt to escape by erratically maneuvering the jet. However, the Greek pilot of the Mirage puts the Turkish F-16 in shooting parameters and locks directly onto him getting an audible signal from the plane.

PILOT 1: FOX 2 VOLI AIM 2!

PILOT 2: I have him!

PILOT 2: Another one is coming

PILOT 1: Got him

PILOT 2: I recorded it

PILOT 1: Nice

PILOT 2: Stable in GUNS

PILOT 1: SAME

I've got tone... Firing! 

FuckIng turks

After the video cut, Turkish guy hit the brakes and the Greek flew right by. 

Oh fuck I just posted this in another thread with a breakdown

The mirage is on the tail of the F16. The F16 flew into Greek Airspace so the greeks intercepted.

The line you see on the HUD is the gun tracking line, and the circle you see near the F16 is the missiles tracking the F16. Youll notice the JAM thing popping up which denotes that the F16 is trying to jam the Mirages radar, which is an act of war technically.

The cross at the top where the line starts is the bore sight of the cannon, and the horizontal line on the long vertical line is the firing solution.

Air speed is the three digit number top left, altitude is top right, around 18k feet.

the G meter is below the airspeed, and the AoA indicator is below the G meter

Mirages are Delta wing aircraft that have incredible maneuverability but they bleed energy very quick in tight turns, where as F16s are nimble and can sustain tight turns for longer. Issue here is he had drop tanks on his wings which greatly reduce his maneuverability.

Long story short, that F16 would have been smoked a thousand times over if they were doing it for real.

4 Likes

SergesBeefyHopeFlaps -
The mirage is on the tail of the F16. The F16 flew into Greek Airspace so the greeks intercepted.

The line you see on the HUD is the gun tracking line, and the circle you see near the F16 is the missiles tracking the F16. Youll notice the JAM thing popping up which denotes that the F16 is trying to jam the Mirages radar, which is an act of war technically.

The cross at the top where the line starts is the bore sight of the cannon, and the horizontal line on the long vertical line is the firing solution.

Air speed is the three digit number top left, altitude is top right, around 18k feet.

the G meter is below the airspeed, and the AoA indicator is below the G meter

Mirages are Delta wing aircraft that have incredible maneuverability but they bleed energy very quick in tight turns, where as F16s are nimble and can sustain tight turns for longer. Issue here is he had drop tanks on his wings which greatly reduce his maneuverability.

Long story short, that F16 would have been smoked a thousand times over if they were doing it for real.

Thanks for that. VTFU. 

That's got to be a crazy feeling to be up there in a real dogfight, going that fast when both pilots know that the chances are somebody isn't going home. 

Turkey invades Greece airspace DAILY.  The Greeks should have shot him down

1 Like

jasperb -

That's got to be a crazy feeling to be up there in a real dogfight, going that fast when both pilots know that the chances are somebody isn't going home. 

I would assume when you hear that tone that you’ve been locked on your asshole puckers something fierce. 

IGotGROUNDEDnLB’dByCorona -
jasperb -

I would assume when you hear that tone that you’ve been locked on your asshole puckers something fierce. 

Do doubt. Always cool to hear that tone. Last time I posted one of these vids was years ago with my uncle shooting down Libyan Migs lol.

TexDeuce -
IGotGROUNDEDnLB’dByCorona -
jasperb -

Do doubt. Always cool to hear that tone. Last time I posted one of these vids was years ago with my uncle shooting down Libyan Migs lol.

Wait wait wait what? Vid!