Mutual Combat: Green Beret drops Peruvian special forces officer in ONE second

In 2014 in Peru, Jason K, a US Army Green Beret veteran, who holds a black belt in San Soo Kung Fu, was challenged by a Peruvian Special Forces soldier and karate expert to a no-rules fight until one of them couldn’t continue.

One of them couldn’t continue, and it took less than a second.

Please note; taking part in this type of challenge match is strongly, strongly recommended against. You can lose an eye, or worse, and your friends laugh at you. So don’t do it.

The former Green Beret in the video explains what happened

“The eyes are my favorite target, for a lot of reasons,” said the San Soo practitioner, in a comment on a new deleted video of the fight. "What you couldn’t see in this video was that we were fighting in a human circle, surrounded by support staff and other Peruvian special forces soldiers. I was there alone, with nobody to watch my 6.

"The intent on the straight finger to the eye was to freeze his base, and try to get him to pull his head back, which is what usually happens. In this case, he didn’t pull his head back because he had already fully committed to his movement.

"I felt some squishy material on my finger and realized my finger was buried in his eye socket (where the infratrochlear nerve is) and based on the sound, and his reaction, I thought his eye popped out.

"Also, what you couldn’t see in the video is that he was on the ground for an hour, unable to get up. They finally decided to take him to a hospital.

"I could have inflicted further damage, or even ended his life. But showing restraint and knowing when to stop after he was defeated earned me the respect of their people and soldiers … and got me out of there in one piece.

"Which is one of my secondary missions when I travel overseas to fight. I’m representing a country and an art. I started in San Soo in 1985, then spent time in SoCal during a tour in the Corps. I have trained with what I consider to be some of the great masters. To them, I give my thanks. I have also traveled around and worked out with whoever I could.

"All body shapes and sizes. From both what is considered old and new school. I spent a tour in the Army (SF) where I was exposed to San Soo spin-offs, know-it-alls, so-called “badasses”, master of this, master of that. But I never strayed from 100% KFSS. Basic, straightforward, old-school, brutal KFSS.

"It’s all I’ve ever used in combat, street fights, and other encounters such as the one in this video. It’s all I need, no matter what. What that’s given me is perspective and experience. In my opinion, it’s what the majority of the San Soo crowd is lacking. That and some balls.

"I would prefer to stay out of the San Soo politics, and just keep doing what I’m doing.

"Most fighters would pull their head back when they see a hand getting close to their face, which would freeze their base momentarily…allowing for entry (getting close enough to strike).

"For whatever reason, he didn’t see it coming and impaled his eye socket on my finger. I would have liked the opportunity to have more of a fight. This is just what happened.

"Being totally relaxed until just before impact does a lot in your favor in a fight. If you are stiff or maintain a ‘stance’ your body has structure.

"If you minimize your adrenaline output, your breathing starts to flow, and your muscles don’t tense up… which allows for the initial burst of speed. A lack of body structure also will help you “flow” in a fight and chain your movements together.

“Many martial arts feed or rely on structure (karate, BJJ) but in San Soo, we rely on movement and pain reaction to feed the next strike. Gotta stay loose.”

What Happened?

Jason assumed a non-threatening but somewhat bladed stance.; he was obviously very carefully monitoring distance. When the Peruvian Special Forces karate expert entered the distance from which he could be touched by reaching as far out as possible without moving the feet, then the San Soo expert executed an eye poke with no telegraphing.

That was all it took.

LINK

What is Kung Fu San Soo?

Kung Fu San Soo is a term coined by Chin Siu Dek for the Chinese martial art Tsoi Li Ho Fut Hung (Five Family style), as it was easier to pronounce for westerners. Chin Siu Dek left China due to the Japanese Occupation in the early 1930s, and settled in the United States, where he adopted the name Jimmy Haw Woo.

The system, which draws on techniques from all over China, includes strikes, takedowns, joint locks, and chokes. As there are no rules in a real fight, the art of San Soo seeks to remove the threat quickly, through aggressive action, often centered on off-balancing the opponent.

Leading practitioners of the art include kickboxing great Kathy Long, stuntman Gerald Okamura, and academic polymath Daniele Bolelli.