Griffin-Bonnar reality check

The only reason that their first fight was viewed as a great fight was that neither of them have KO power. Sure it exciting to watch guys going toe-to-toe and hitting each other on the chin 100+ times, but a good striker would have finished it before it became a "great" fight.

Forrest has KO's, theory destoryed :)

One KO against a guy who is 2-2 in MMA hardly establishes KO power.

Consider his tko of sinosic and his fight with braga in which he floored him and then choked him. He won by choke but it was his ko power that sealed that fight.

"lol chainsaw y r u so defensive about the ultimate fighter warriors?"

I don't think that TUF has anything to do with Charles' remarks. First of all Charles and Forrest were close friends long before there ever was a TUF show. Secondly, unless you have ever fought Forrest or sparred with him, then you don't really know what kind of power he posses. I have sparred with him and he hits like a ton of bricks. Lastly, knockout power is relevant. Perhaps he couldn't knock out a water buffalo or a hippo, but if you are suggesting that he doesn't posses knockout power over a 205 pound mma fighter . . . then you are sorely mistaken.

instead of making another griffin-bonnar thread, you could just add on to one of the ten already out there.

griffin by KO

I didn't think the stand up exchanges were the only thing that made their first fight memorable.

I mean, yeah.... they stood toe to toe, but they also showed tons of heart, good showmanship and sportsmanship, and alot of respect.

Especially with what was on the line.....

"Secondly, unless you have ever fought Forrest or sparred with him, then you don't really know what kind of power he posses."

Here we go again...

"instead of making another griffin-bonnar thread, you could just add on to one of the ten already out there."

And yet you posted here...

"I mean, yeah.... they stood toe to toe, but they also showed tons of heart, good showmanship and sportsmanship, and alot of respect."

At least there's one intelligent argument here. I can't say I disagree with what you posted.

It was an awesome fight. that's the bottom line.

LOL @ newbie fans who do not know who are friends and who has trained together.

I've seen alot of fights that were great because of the grappling. Back and forth, guys trading takedowns, trading dominant positions, trading sub attempts...... Two guys who fought hard for the entire duration of the bout.

Just because one of them doesn't pull off a submission, that doesn't mean that it wasn't a great fight...... know what I mean?

I think the Bonnar/Griffin fight catches shit because it WAS a standup fight for the vast majority of it's duration. Alot of people said it resembled nothing but a toughman fight..... which I don't quite understand, because the last time I checked, MMA did involve boxing and striking as a whole.

Also, just because no one scored a KO, it doesn't mean that neither have the power to do so. A good chin is a wonderful attribute.

Finally, as far as entertainment and two guys giving it everything, I put this fight right up there with Lawler/Riley...... and I think the reason alot of other people don't is because Stephan and Forrest were contestants on a reality show.

The reason it was a great fight is that it was a great fight. End of story.

boredom

I would rather see Forrest and Stephan bang it out again like they did during the first fight over watching Tim Sylvia and Arloski paw and jab at each other for 25 minutes. There is a big difference in trying to win (finish) a fight and trying not to lose a fight. Wether technically sound or not, fighters that are constantly trying to finish the fight are more entertaining to watch.

ttt

maybe they just cant ko eachother. guess we'll see

Griffin by a bunch of knees from the clench. Bonnar's nose actually comes off his face. It's gonna be gross. Enjoy.

Gatti and Ward arent the most technical or best boxers in the world either but some people appreciate and get into fights where, you know, both guys actually come to "fight" and give it "their all" and "stuff."

"both guys actually come to "fight" and give it "their all" and "stuff." "

That is exactly what I am talking about. Defensive fighting sucks. Put it all out there and finish the damn fight! Win lose or draw, Forrest is balls to the wall from bell to bell.

Bonnar will get KOed