Griffin-Bonnar reality check

"I put this fight right up there with Lawler/Riley...... and I think the reason alot of other people don't is because Stephan and Forrest were contestants on a reality show. "

Hit the nail right on the head with this post.

Dego is correct!! STFU!!

"most technical"

I don't remember that at all. The excitement was the fact that it was all standing, going for KOs the whole 15 min. Also the fact that so many people saw it on live tv. And it was very exciting, especially if you were there.

I don't remember them saying "most technical" but if they did, yeah, that would be an incorrect statement. But everything they said I thought was true. It was a great back and forth war!! Dana couldn't have asked for a better finale on UFC's first live cable event. Did you see how big Dana's grin was during and after that fight? It was huge!!!

The only problem is that they shouldn't have said it was one of the most exciting fights ever in UFC. People watching the UFC for the first time would then have the impression that that was as good as it gets. They should have made it out to be like that's what happens in UFC fights or something like that. So new fans would know to expect fights like that during every PPV too. They would probably be disappointed, but hey, they already paid for it, too late now. But there is typically at least one really good fight during each PPV though.

"The only reason that their first fight was viewed as a great fight was that neither of them have KO power."

Correct. That's why Bonnar won the Chicago Gold Gloves with multiple knockout victories.

But that's boxing, so that doesn't count.

Considering that Bonnar has never been KOed in his career and Forrest has only been KOed once, by a flush kick to the head, and that both of them have KO victories, it seems more likely that both guys have very good chins than that neither has KO power.

"KO against sinosic,are you on crack. That was a total BS stoppage."

It was a legit stoppage.

Forrest's next punch in the order would have been a left which was loaded up. Elvis's right arm was under his right leg and he would have been hit again. The last punch that landed was a right and it was hard.

But none of this matters since Forrest and Elvis are friends and they don't seem to mind, lol.

since when did a slug fest become a great fight...???

again, you aren't seeing the big picture. UFC doesn't HAVE to care what we think, what the internet media thinks, etc. The numbers, the money, etc are all from new fans...from masses that watch TUF, etc.

Doesn't matter what hardcore fans think. Even if you're a fan of either. Bottom line is, this fight will make more money than Forrest or Bonnar fighting anyone else right now.

Let him hit you...see if you get KOed.

Also watch his fight with Braga if you can find it and the fight vs "The Wall", a 235lbs Brazilian who he drops with a right. He stays on the mat for like 5 min afterwards. He's fought tough guys since he turned Pro.

Ask Fulton: He said, "I've never been hit like that before" after Forrest dropped him in the fist 5 secs of their fight.

And it's hard to KO Monson when he's on top of you.

So when did you make up this name to troll with?

Forrest is better standing and on the ground.

Not a huge fan of the fight... but they did showcase some of the most important aspects of the sport... heart, passion, determination and comradery following the bout.

It jumped the UFC's gameplan ahead by AT LEAST 5 years.

My money is on Forrest, and there is a lot riding on my bet (bad odds). Unless I am way off, he will destroy Bonnar this time. FYI-Forrest has plenty of KO Power in both hands. "I would try to convince you, but I am not in the convincing business!"

Lane Collyer

This is going to be a good fight but nothing near as good as their last fight. I think they both will slug it out because i dont think Bonnar will let this rematch slip away through another judges decision.
With that said Griffen by KO in the 2nd Round!

I saw a video of the Braga fight and Forrest did drop him with a big right. The guy stayed down for a long time...

"Next to Anne Heche breaking up with Ellen Degenneres, this will be the 2nd gayest event of 2006."

Didn't they break up 5+ years ago ?

I think Forrest will be the best sportsman of 2006, just behind Michael Jordan, but in front of Babe Ruth.

scoobysblinddog lies once again.

"But he has remedial technical knowledge, I've seen people who are self trained for 6 months who knew fundamentals more then him"

Not THAT is some funny shit. If you're going to lie at least make it something that is remotely possible in real life.

The MMA and grappling competitions that Forrest has won drives that "quote" straight back up your ass where it came from.

No shit....come on, post a name at least, lol.

Forrest learned his BJJ from Adam Singer and was promoted to Purple by Chris Haueter (Rigan 2ndº BB), so I guess Adam taught him something. Forrest had no wrestling, boxing, clinch, etc ever before Adam. I'd say that Forrest's being a natural athlete and Adam's teaching him created a great fighter. And if you have the chance, of course any great fighter would want to travel, train with more people, etc...why go to a seminar if you don't think you can learn from more people?