Grispi not guaranteed title shot?

According to an article on MMA Junkie, Dana White says even with a win on Saturday Grispi is not guaranteed the shot at the title.

What the fuck is this bullshit? Give a guy a title shot, have the champ duck him and then act like the fight was never made when Aldo comes back?

Dana even says Aldo may be back faster than expected so he has someone in mind for the title shot. So pretty much Dana dicktucked when he realized Grispi was gonna derail the Aldo frate trane and pulls this shit. What a fucking clownshoe.

http://mmajunkie.com/news/21891/featherweight-josh-grispi-not-guaranteed-title-shot-with-win-at-ufc-125.mma

Indeed

Bull Shit.

Dana basically admits Aldo has another fight lined up.

I am jaded a bit just because I like Grispi, but I am sure Aldo's opponent is better/a bigger name 'on paper'

This just reminds me of when they were discussing Hominick for the title shot before Grispi......did they miss Grispi tapping Hominick out in ONE FUCKING ROUND!?!?!

Insanity.

I'mDownWithBrown - Bull Shit.

Dana basically admits Aldo has another fight lined up.

I am jaded a bit just because I like Grispi, but I am sure Aldo's opponent is better/a bigger name 'on paper'

its gonna be a big name 155 making the drop

Sucks for Josh.  

I wonder if they'll offer it to Edgar if he loses on sat?

Until there are actual governing bodies, the best contender wont always get his shot. Whoever the promoter decides will. Phone Post

not that its going to happen, but if grispi has a boring fight and barely wins, is that what you want to fight for your title?

grispi should smash and continue to do so

IMO Grispi wasn't a compelling contender anyway. He and Mark Hominick are very ho hum opponents.

my guess is that someone from the UFC 155 lb division is moving down to challenge Aldo (hint its a name guy :-)

if its a guess then you should guess it

who is small enough at 155 to go down and stay down if they win

edgar but hes champ

kenny florian?

maybe make pettis or henderson drop?

I honestly dont c who else would be a better fight at 145 besides grispi at this point.

Jose Aldo beats anyone in the UFC at 145 or 155.

Clipsburgh -<br />If he wins and is impressive I'm sure he'll got his shot muuch sooner than later.

That's not the point. He had the title shot and it was taken away and now he's not promised one even when he does walk through Dustin.

Bullshit plain and simple.

Dana gives Okami as an example of this happening before but that's all bullshit too. Didn't Okami get injured, not the champ? So now if a champ doesn't want his frate trane derailed by a scary contender he can just feign injury?