Ground and Pound instructionals?

Which MMA, Street Fight, or Self-Defense instructionals would you guys rate as being among the best when it comes to teaching Ground and Pound? Is Tito's DVD on his set any good in this regard?

When answering, please cite specific instructionals.

Keep comments on how simple Ground and Pound supposedly is off this thread please.

Serious and Intelligent replies only please.

Thanks in advance.

Bas Rutten has a "ground striking" instructional, I've never seen it but... its Bas.

TTT

great question. there is a real art to it, it wins a lot of fights, but nobody seems to be teaching it.

i would guess ortiz also

Sperry Dvd

Kang DVD

Tito dvd

ttt

I have Ortiz's series and it really goes into a lot of detail about takedowns and strikes from the guard. I think it's a great series and really informative but I haven't seen any others. On Ortiz's last CD#7 he talks more about pressing your opp. against the cage and gnp. It's good.

Mark Kerr Seek and Destroy

Any instructionals in which the topic of Ground and Pound is also addressed from positions other than the typical "BJJ" positions (i.e. the Guard, Mount, Side Control, etc.)?

ttt

watch fedor and copy...to get good a gnp you just have to practice a bit

try a few different methods (elbows, pushing off the face, or feed submissions) and figure out what works best for you

GnP is probably one of the easiest thing to learn in fighting (assuming you have good balance, can defend submission, and you don't have shitty cardio)

denis kang "my mma" available at grapplearts.com

Fedor should do one

We have a pretty good one out from my gym (Trondheim Fight Gym), but it's in Norwegian, so that might be a problem :-) Hehe :-)

"From: FightStudent

Date: 04/10/06 12:10 AM
1334 Total Posts Ignore User

Any instructionals in which the topic of Ground and Pound is also addressed from positions other than the typical "BJJ" positions (i.e. the Guard, Mount, Side Control, etc.)?

"

LOL you gotta be trolling, what other positions are there?

Two "non-BJJ" positions come to mind: the "about to be leglocked" position (see Trigg vs. Hallman or Thomson vs. Strebendt) and the fetal position (see Fedor vs. Herring).

An instructional I would definitely buy would be Chutebox on stomping.

Fetal position is a pretty typical position in BJJ.

Chutebox definately have a system because they all are great at the same thing...be interested to see that.

See my review on the Tito Ortiz series, I mention that Tito has a strong G n'P section on one of the DVDs. Also, Sperry's is very good, and the Bas Rutten 'Big DVDs of Combat' have a good section on
G n'P. I cannot comment on the Kang DVD because I haven't seen it.

Sperry's is very good, St Pierre has some good stuff on GNP actually.