Grounds for divorce?

My wife brought up that her ex boyfriend was passing through town and wanted to meet for coffee on her lunch break. I said I trust her and it’s been 15-20 years since they last spoke, so i said it’s fine, but felt a little weird about it.

Today I found an online conversation about how they still love each other. She regrets letting him go. He said he is so blessed she came into his life again. That he will always think of her as his. He also said I am a lucky guy but it went on and on. Pretty disappointing/hear breaking stuff.

i am of course pissed. We have a 4 year old son. She said she still loves me but that we have been having communication issues and so she was swept up with him opening up to her. I told her she may love me but obviously doesn’t respect me.

She swears nothing physical went on, and based on the time line and his location, it’s likely that she is telling the truth. I’m pissed right now and feel she crossed the line with their conversation, but is it worth breaking up this marriage?

1 Like

Crossed the line....... can you live with knowing you are her second choice? 

4 Likes

If this is a spin, you got me.

If not, why on Earth would she need to catch up with an ex that she hasn’t even spoken to in almost 2 decades unless there was something more to it?

3 Likes

Oh fuck yea dude; kick her to the curb, not sure how this is a question

2 Likes

Oh ya. That’s a wrap. Sorry, sir. 

2 Likes

Yes Definitely can't trust her now. Move on bro. 

2 Likes

Go be someone’s first choice

1 Like

https://youtu.be/Xbw_BxDwdjk

3 Likes

I'd get a divorce if it were me. Trust is broken.

3 Likes

Bye Felicia.

Or go fuck a random and feel better

1 Like

How would she react to you seeing an old ex and then finding a conversation where you and said ex discuss how much you love each other. 

1 Like

LOL OP is dum dum

mongo54 - 

Go be someone’s first choice

![](upload://bax8qDAu1dCA5poHa24F4f5h2yf.jpeg)

Listen to your lawyer to the letter. DO NOT LET HER KNOW UNTIL YOU HAVE EVERYTHING PLANNED. Do not give away ANYTHING! 

If you do everything according to your lawyers plan, you MIGHT only be cut in half. 

2 Likes

You'll never trust her again. The relationship is permanently damaged. Can you live being with a gal you will never trust again? That will tell you whether to leave or not.

2 Likes

You have a kid. Even if the guy gorilla fucked her a million times that would not matter at all in the divorce proceedings. 

Im not going to weigh in on whether you should or shouldn’t forgive, but if you decide to leave she gets half, plus most likely the kid and a monthly paycheck from you.  Plus the lawyer fees will be outrageous.  So if that’s the pathbyour walking, go in with full knowledge of that outcome as the most likely.  

If you absolutely must, them play your cards right.  Convince her that you need some space and get her to move out of the house “for just a month or so”.  Kid just stay with you.   Then quickly and quietly start the divorce process without her knowledge.  Play along with keeping her out of the house until she starts to wise up and drop the bomb. You will be in the house with the kid and that will stay the course until it’s over and give you much more leverage.

4 Likes

Man this is a tough one. A lot of guys will tell you to leave. But there is a lot to think about. That is pretty tough to read I'm sure.

You guys have a young kid together. I think this is a judgement call based on your gut and your relationship. Y'all really need to talk and hash things out.

If you aren't convinced she is on board 100% I'd pull the plug. Maybe you need to look in the mirror and see if you are giving the relationship what it needs.

I've known people that have made it through worse are are going well. But this is a hard one to come back from.

How did you come across the conversation they had?

5 Likes

She will not respect you for letting it go. 

2 Likes

Get your kid DNA tested

3 Likes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usqQ0rl4CMs

1 Like

SAVE all incriminating information for the divorce and fights that will come.

Why on earth would you agree for her to “meet up” with a fucking ex?

Come on dude. Man up and protect yourself.

3 Likes