GRRM Asks S. King -How The F Do You Write So Fast?

50:10 mark.

It took stephen king 20 years to complete the dark tower series. He's got to be one of the most prolific novel writers of all time though Phone Post 3.0

It's easy. King writes every day. The fat man might go years without sitting down in front of his computer.

phydeau - It's easy. King writes every day. The fat man might go years without sitting down in front of his computer.
This. Phone Post 3.0

Wanderpage -
phydeau - It's easy. King writes every day. The fat man might go years without sitting down in front of his computer.
This. Phone Post 3.0
King writes 2000 words a day. Won't think of getting up before he hits 2000. That's insane. I think I'm being diligent writing 500-1000. What a bum. Phone Post 3.0

Does SK write the book straight thru or does he have a voile going at any one time Phone Post 3.0

For every good Stephen King there is a lot of crap. And he has a way of having really shitty endings. Phone Post 3.0

Mit - For every good Stephen King there is a lot of crap. And he has a way of having really shitty endings. Phone Post 3.0
Like the rolling Stones, a tonne of filler but the hits are timeless Phone Post 3.0

Pilgor the goat -
Wanderpage -
This. Phone Post 3.0
King writes 2000 words a day. Won't think of getting up before he hits 2000. That's insane. I think I'm being diligent writing 500-1000. What a bum. Phone Post 3.0
2000 words is like 7-8 novel pages. Does your typical writer not hammer that out daily?? Phone Post 3.0

He should talk to Steven Erikson who released 1 bk a year (at least) for ten years and each book got longer. Phone Post 3.0

LiMbTwIsTeR - 
Pilgor the goat -
Wanderpage -
This. Phone Post 3.0
2000 words is like 7-8 novel pages. Does your typical writer not hammer that out daily?? Phone Post 3.0

In his answer to GRRM he says that while he's working he bangs out 6 pages a day, and that he is able to hit that target on most days.

B17 -
panic686 - He should talk to Steven Erikson who released 1 bk a year (at least) for ten years and each book got longer. Phone Post 3.0
I've been daying this ever since discovering Malazan. Not only is Malazan better in every single way, he just cranks them out. He even drops in the occasional novella. Phone Post 3.0
And it is amazing how he can change tone from one writing to the next. There is humor in his books but some of the novellas are straight comedy through and through Phone Post 3.0

B17 -
Mit - For every good Stephen King there is a lot of crap. And he has a way of having really shitty endings. Phone Post 3.0
Quite the opposite. He doesn't even really have a bad book. Some are better than others, yes, but none are just dog shit. I'm willing to bet you are repeating something you heard elsewhere and have not read much King. Phone Post 3.0
Lol, the only novel of his I've tried was needful things and it was absolute garbage. I mean it, that book cured my insomnia it was so dull. Phone Post 3.0

B17 -
Quite the opposite. He doesn't even really have a bad book. Some are better than others, yes, but none are just dog shit. I'm willing to bet you are repeating something you heard elsewhere and have not read much King. Phone Post 3.0
Lol...nice try. Read tons when I was younger. I've tried here and there since then and just can't do it.....last one I read was the dome and the ending was garbage. Phone Post 3.0

B17 -
Mit -
B17 -
Lol...nice try. Read tons when I was younger. I've tried here and there since then and just can't do it.....last one I read was the dome and the ending was garbage. Phone Post 3.0
You read tons? Here and there since?

Sounds like you are out of touch with his body of work and also, as a personal preference, do not care for said body of work.

That does not then mean what you said in your original post. Phone Post 3.0
Lol.... it's okay Mr. King you are still successful even if I don't think you entire body of work is okay. Try not writing everything that pops into your head into a novel...and improve your endings. Phone Post 3.0

LiMbTwIsTeR - 
Pilgor the goat -
Wanderpage -
This. Phone Post 3.0

2000 words is considered a reasonable amount for a writer of fiction to produce in a single work day. At that rate he can crank out the rough draft of a 100,000 word novel in about 2 months.

Mit -
B17 -
Mit -
B17 -
You read tons? Here and there since?

Sounds like you are out of touch with his body of work and also, as a personal preference, do not care for said body of work.

That does not then mean what you said in your original post. Phone Post 3.0
Lol.... it's okay Mr. King you are still successful even if I don't think you entire body of work is okay. Try not writing everything that pops into your head into a novel...and improve your endings. Phone Post 3.0
I haven't read a bad book by him yet, Ive got about 8 or 9 physical copies and then a couple on an ereader. Phone Post 3.0